Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,348 times

Advertisements

TRYING TO GET SOME INFO ON HOW TO REPORT SOMEONE ON WELFARE, WHO HAS A HOUSE , A CAR AND BUYS EVERYTHING THEY WANT. WHO CAN I CALL? POOR PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO REALLY DON'T HAVE MONEY AND THEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE LIKE THIS WHO ARE GETTING AWAY WITH EVERYTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 01:51 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,467,494 times
call 311 and they'll direct you to the right agency.

I hate welfare cheats, too.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 PM

34,043 posts, read 47,252,748 times
just out of curiosity, how are they pulling this off?
i'm aware that people do this on occasion, i'm just wondering how do you know that this person is on welfare, and where do u think they get their extra money from?

Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,060 times
I had a neighbor who had plenty of extravagant things and collected welfare. She owned a car, expensive furniture, diamonds and was able to join a sou-sou (spelling err) of $50 weekly, traveled to/from Panama and Virginia. The government give them Section 8, her rent was $34 a month while I paid real rent. There were a couple of these people in my bldg, who were in there before new landlord who did not take any vouchers. All of these women had working men in their apartment. That's how they lived comfortable. One has been with her man for over 19 years and not married. They pop out children and add more to the system. They have found ways to stay on they system for years. Once President Clinton passed the law on 5 years of public system. Two of them have devised ways of getting disability. Another took a school aide job just to keep her voucher. I asked her why she did not go to school and get a degree while the Board of Ed paid for it. Her response was that she did not want to lose her voucher. I blame the government for not policing the system.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM

19 posts, read 96,414 times
man this pisses me off. i see a lot of my boys claiming to be broke from the hood the gutter all that crap. yet they can buy 700$ brand name leather jackets, $150 jeans, basically living the ghetto fabulous lifestyle in the projects paying like 200$ for rent. yet i work my ass off get taxed the **** out of and basically just try to get by. the system rewards those who sit on their ass and penalizes those who try to do something for themselves. i used to be really liberal on this subject but im 20 now and once i saw the govt taking 100$ + out of my check in taxes alone and seeing these people get their laziness rewarded i opened my eyes

Old 01-23-2008, 10:41 PM

actually this is interesting...a lot of people find ways to beat the system....did you know that a lot of jewish people register as emt's so that they can call the family minivan an ambulance and ride around wit a siren that they can put on the roof and write it off on their taxes? let's get em!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:53 PM

7 posts, read 46,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
actually this is interesting...a lot of people find ways to beat the system....did you know that a lot of jewish people register as emt's so that they can call the family minivan an ambulance and ride around wit a siren that they can put on the roof and write it off on their taxes? let's get em!!!!
yea the hassid jews better at beatin the system then the blacks and puerto ricans lol.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:30 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,552,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
actually this is interesting...a lot of people find ways to beat the system....did you know that a lot of jewish people register as emt's so that they can call the family minivan an ambulance and ride around wit a siren that they can put on the roof and write it off on their taxes?
At least I know I'm not the only person who noticed that. Lights, sirens and VAS plates on a fully loaded '08 Cadillac Escalade does seem shady.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:59 AM

u know what if you know how to beat the system then more power to you....living in nyc is hard enough as it is. either way if somebody's sponging off the system i still have to pay my taxes, there's no way around that. it's either them, or the govt spending my money foolishly on WMD's.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 AM

5 posts, read 18,066 times
Default are u kidding

they dont care.. get this i went in to try to get ins. on my kids thats all !! i dont make much and have 3 kids. they told me no. this lady comes in behind me with a NEW HUMMER !! they gave her food stamps, insurance..i have seen this done so much . my friend seen a lady come in on a limo and they gave her help !!! this is in hernando county fl ....[INDENT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMC499 View Post
TRYING TO GET SOME INFO ON HOW TO REPORT SOMEONE ON WELFARE, WHO HAS A HOUSE , A CAR AND BUYS EVERYTHING THEY WANT. WHO CAN I CALL? POOR PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO REALLY DON'T HAVE MONEY AND THEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE LIKE THIS WHO ARE GETTING AWAY WITH EVERYTHING.
[/INDENT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: