Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:46 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
Im not looking for a "quality of life" type environment. Some stuff u just gotta suck up dude. This is from YOUR point of view. Yea NY is expensive and hard but from what it sounds like you don't have a decent income or proper education/ requirements to get a decent job. Im moving to New York because it has the rough environment i need. Some people process things differently. I can't be in a slow environment where the grocery store is also the gas station. I KNOW for a fact that I'm lazy and i know if i surround myself with the slow paced environment of kansas city i will not go anywhere. Not just to live but I'm going to NYC because the schools have what i want. So its either NY or freaking London. KC doesn't have what i want double checked, triple checked quadripple checked. Life sucks I know. And moving to new york in the fast paced, hardcore world will push me to get OFF MY LAZY BUTT AND DO SOMETHING!!!!!
Um, NYC garbage man (Dept. of Sanitation) is a good job. You looking down and making judgements about things and people you know nothing about will get you cussed out (or straight up slapped) in a New York minute

You sound like a whiny azz. You're gonna get chewed up and spit out (and probably jacked on the subway as well). Try London.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 08:08 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,018 times
This kid has just proven my point! Lmao. I don't have a good job? Bwahahaaaaaa.
Almost 100,000 people just took the last test. Maybe 1-2000 will get hired within 4 years. BIG Maybe.

Add my wife's income and we have a beautiful house, new cars in the driveway and we travel 3-5 times a year pretty much anywhere we want. Please tell me this kid is smoking crack lol, he would beg for my job on his knees.

In any case little man, you go get your roommates, struggle to make it work in a sewer of an apartment and let us know how your NYC dream works out. Haha, this guy is unbelievable...

Old 07-25-2015, 08:44 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,035,107 times
yeah, I agree. I'm a born-bred NY'ker myself and I'm in disbelief of the kinds of "deer-in-headlights" people that are moving here.

If the OP had such great skills and wonderful education, they wouldn't need a room mate. I live in Manhattan alone and don't need the stupid roommate or the headaches anything of the like would cause.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:07 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I live in Manhattan alone and don't need the stupid roommate or the headaches anything of the like would cause.
Yeah, because you pay "way below market" rent for your apartment in Inwood. I am not sure how your paying way below market rent in a rent stabilized unit you've had for years should make you so proud of yourself to where you think it's ok to look down on others for needing roommates to make ends meet.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:11 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
In new York im sure you run upon a couple of crazies. Wondering if any one could shed light on the idea? What if my roommate steals my things? Who do I go to? The police, landlord, etc.......
Call Ghostbusters!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:20 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
And given your decision we can assume that you are independently wealthy.

Or were a top ivy graduate headed for an investment bank.
Nah, this dude works at a hotel in KC but is planning on coming to nyc for a week a land himself a job at a hotel.

General job Searching info in NYC??

Old 07-25-2015, 10:00 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Nah, this dude works at a hotel in KC but is planning on coming to nyc for a week a land himself a job at a hotel.

General job Searching info in NYC??
The Rye; I must say you sure now how to dig out the dirt...😕.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:59 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkub101 View Post
YES please don't come here. Transplants are ruining NYC.

Are you crazy? People moving here - ambitious, creative, energetic people - are the lifeblood of NYC.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:36 PM

678 posts, read 698,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
Um, NYC garbage man (Dept. of Sanitation) is a good job. You looking down and making judgements about things and people you know nothing about will get you cussed out (or straight up slapped) in a New York minute

You sound like a whiny azz. You're gonna get chewed up and spit out (and probably jacked on the subway as well). Try London.

Isn't that what your doing on here?? Your judging someone you don't know? Its ok when u do it but when i do it a bad thing :smac k:: eek:: mad:

Old 07-26-2015, 05:42 PM

678 posts, read 698,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
The Rye; I must say you sure now how to dig out the dirt...😕.

Oh! you didn't hear?? The Rye is making $800,000 at a wall street bank. He went through life with absolutely no faults or sins. He can say all sorts of mean things because he's perfect! Isn't that right Rye??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City