Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:03 AM

678 posts, read 698,420 times

Advertisements

Im quietly looking for work. Mainly in hotels/restaurants because i work in a hotel now. I think i would be better off moving first finding a sublet for a month and looking for jobs all day. BUT i dont want to move and be in NYC for 2-3 months and end up not finding any work and having to come back .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 07:06 AM

110 posts, read 159,191 times
find a job before moving
it is better this way

if u dont think u have the confident to find a job after moving
then u should wait until you are ready or at least when you think you are ready to do so
or when you think you are much more qualify person at that given moment

Old 08-05-2015, 08:15 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,411,618 times
I guess you could, since you have somewhere to go back to anyway. It's not like you would have to live on the street if you don't.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:23 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,936,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
Really? do you have to be that negative?? Why cant you just keep that to yourself and answer the question.
Brutal honesty - if you are "quietly" looking for work you might have trouble surviving in New York.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:29 PM

100 posts, read 89,973 times
I already like new yorkers! They like me rude and full of sarcasm!
Thats why i hate seattle, people here are soft toys!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:06 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,244,335 times
OP stop emailing me and asking me for jobs. I DON'T have any to give you!
Grow a pair and just move. I packed several suitcases 20+ years ago, got on a plane and moved here myself without knowing anyone in the city. It's either in your to come here or it isn't. Oh and this was before internet... I had no forums to go to and post over and over asking for a job or for help.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:47 AM

298 posts, read 707,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
OP stop emailing me and asking me for jobs. I DON'T have any to give you!
Grow a pair and just move. I packed several suitcases 20+ years ago, got on a plane and moved here myself without knowing anyone in the city. It's either in your to come here or it isn't. Oh and this was before internet... I had no forums to go to and post over and over asking for a job or for help.
"Hey boss, there is this guy on this internet forum that never posts anything but how he is looking for a job in NYC. I have no reason to believe he would be better or worse at this job than anyone else, but he really, really wants to move to NYC. I would really like to personally recommend this person and stake my reputation on him."

Old 08-06-2015, 12:23 PM

678 posts, read 698,420 times
seems like every time i ask a question i never seem to get an answer.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:28 PM

3,955 posts, read 5,083,274 times
The answer you got was find a job before, or don't consider coming at all.

Without income, the city has little to offer in terms of housing.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:32 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,244,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
seems like every time i ask a question i never seem to get an answer.
I am answering your question every time, I say stop posting and just go ahead and move or stop posting and just stay where you are. Then you complain about my reply and get it deleted, THEN personally message me to find you a job ?!?!
You just don't like peoples answers. No one will help you, you have to help yourself. If you can't help yourself you won't make it. Read my reply above. I helped myself and moved here just like thousands upon thousands of other people. NY will suck you up if you have no independence or motivation and you demonstrate you don't have either to be able to live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City