Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 05:52 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
I believe only first 2500 will be called. State made a lot money off this exam.
Are they going to do a random lottery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 09:52 PM

41 posts, read 152,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Are they going to do a random lottery?

I thought the canvass letter was a good sign of being called one day. It did ask if you're still interested and what your JD preference would be...Would be great.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,657 times
I just received my canvass letter on april 16. I picked judicial district 3-8. My score was a 92

Old 04-29-2016, 06:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,657 times
I wonder how long this whole process will be?

Old 04-29-2016, 07:17 AM

885 posts, read 1,373,011 times
i received my canvas letter email on April 15th, scored an 89.5 and picked NYC district, i'm sure the wait will be longer for me since they'll probably call from the top scorers downward. good luck to everyone!

Old 05-13-2016, 04:25 PM

I remember if you went on the website last year, it showed how the previous exam list was canvassed. If I remember correctly, it was a list by district. Does anyone know how long this "canvass" process is? And also, does that mean that we'll be called in order according to the district we picked and people's scores in that district? For example, NiniCakes and I both picked NYC district. I scored an 88, Nini an 89.5. Let's say NYC district is canvassed at the top of the list. Nini will obviously be called before me and then goes the rest of the NYC district. After that, comes the next district and those people? Idk, just a theory from what I remember seeing with the last canvassing list.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:28 PM

Looks like they've started screening the first batch of candidates. If you go to their website, you'll see they added a new link under the scores link. It states this:

"Only those candidates (RANKS 3 to 1549 : NYC-ALL BOROUGHS) who were offered conditional
appointments and scheduled (via email) for Phase I of screening will be allowed to participate in the Physical
Ability Test and Vision Screening."

Does this mean they're only hiring a few over a thousand this year? Looks like I'll be waiting a **** load (#10,579). Congrats to those being emailed!

Old 06-29-2016, 08:15 AM

885 posts, read 1,373,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Viper View Post
Looks like they've started screening the first batch of candidates. If you go to their website, you'll see they added a new link under the scores link. It states this:

"Only those candidates (RANKS 3 to 1549 : NYC-ALL BOROUGHS) who were offered conditional
appointments and scheduled (via email) for Phase I of screening will be allowed to participate in the Physical
Ability Test and Vision Screening."

Does this mean they're only hiring a few over a thousand this year? Looks like I'll be waiting a **** load (#10,579). Congrats to those being emailed!

Doesn't necessarily mean they're only hiring over a thousand, just means that's the first group to be screened. I think it's safe to say that not everyone in that group will pass and make it so then they'd probably have to screen the next 1,000 or so and repeat the process until they have enough officers to fill all vacancies. Fingers crossed they need a lot of officers lol my log number is 7,243 so i have quite a wait myself, gives me time to get in better shape!

Old 01-09-2017, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,560 times
I never received my results until I contacting the department last month. I passed & Im glad I followed up on my own. Waiting for that 2nd email, on canvassing.

Good Luck To All & God Bless

Old 02-03-2017, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,037 times
Hey guys any word on exam updates.. I got an 87 was around 13,000+ rank, Ekkk! I never got a letter to pick a JD any word Red-Viper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City