Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 06:59 AM

443 posts, read 437,996 times

Advertisements

I live in Woodside and while it does suck for parking I do manage to always find a spot. It just may be a 10-15 minute walk from the parking spot to my apartment though...

A lot of people tend to drive to Woodside, leave their car here and then take the train (express/LIRR) which sucks. And they come out on the weekends also, leave their car and head out to the bars in the area. Alternate side parking can be a pain also - I try to find a good spot a day and a half in advance to be set for the work-week and save myself the headache. I would imagine Astoria parking would be worse than Woodside though so who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 07:16 AM

425 posts, read 391,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwellhiheytherehello View Post
Thanks for all of the input. Seems like the general consensus is that all 3 areas are difficult. My more specific question is the following then: How do all three of these areas compare to Astoria with regard to parking? Because everybody told me parking in Astoria would be terrible as well, but i've had no problems whatsoever in the past 3 years. The only time I had to drive around for an hour was when I foolishly drove back at 10pm on a Saturday night.
That depends on where in Astoria you are living? Ditmars area the parking was never that terrible, however as you move towards LIC it gets progressively worse due to population density, and the reduction in personal off-street parking. Those areas are probrably comparable to 30th ave/broadway parking situation.

You could always try and find a place that has parking included, or a house with a driveway/carport/garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: