Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 11:45 PM

92 posts, read 123,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
I'm having nightmares of the past week lol

While I was waiting for my turn, once guy before me came back right away. He literally got around the block and he already failed. Never did find out what he messed up on but the DMV inspector didn't look happy.

My total test time was about 45 minutes
Im taking it in Maspeth... my driving instructor told me there is some tricky spots as soon as you start such as a right hand turn that turns into a stop sign. Also no rights on red even if there is a sign permitting it. Im not to nervous about the driving aspect, just the pretrip as I have mentioned.. if you could give me a brief run thru i would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks in advance!!

Old 04-27-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
I'm having nightmares of the past week lol

While I was waiting for my turn, once guy before me came back right away. He literally got around the block and he already failed. Never did find out what he messed up on but the DMV inspector didn't look happy.

My total test time was about 45 minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angusboom View Post
Also don't forget to check your service brakes before driving off, I know lots of guys who forgot that one.
Yes I have to check the no loss of 3 PSI in 1 minute... then check that the low air pressure light and alarm is working with the wigwag droppin between 40 and 60 PSI and then that the service bresk is working and pops out between 40 and 20 PSI. Then while the air pressure is building up again ill do the seat and aisle inspection and the emergency exit(s) inspection.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:36 AM

186 posts, read 308,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiedeee View Post
Im taking it in Maspeth... my driving instructor told me there is some tricky spots as soon as you start such as a right hand turn that turns into a stop sign. Also no rights on red even if there is a sign permitting it. Im not to nervous about the driving aspect, just the pretrip as I have mentioned.. if you could give me a brief run thru i would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks in advance!!
Also watch for railroad crossings. There is a railroad crossing with no visible signs. That is the one alot of people fail on. Ask your instructor to show you where it is.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:35 AM

43 posts, read 104,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
....cleats...dear god what do they have you driving lol. I thought they did away with those evil things
...they did, that was almost 10 years ago awol...

Old 04-28-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmandan View Post
Also watch for railroad crossings. There is a railroad crossing with no visible signs. That is the one alot of people fail on. Ask your instructor to show you where it is.
Yeaaa i seen it... gotta stop before the white lines pur your hazards on

Old 04-28-2016, 02:50 PM

529 posts, read 726,837 times
Anyone nervous about the endorsement test go to driving-test.org and take them over and over again till you get comfortable

Old 04-28-2016, 04:21 PM

733 posts, read 724,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Anyone nervous about the endorsement test go to driving-test.org and take them over and over again till you get comfortable
What you mean endorcement test ?

Old 04-28-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
What you mean endorcement test ?
I mean for the tanker air brakes endorsement on your cdl. Basically it's a practice test that you can do over and over till you feel comfortable

Old 04-28-2016, 05:00 PM

733 posts, read 724,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
I mean for the tanker air brakes endorsement on your cdl. Basically it's a practice test that you can do over and over till you feel comfortable
Ohhh you threw me off when you said being nervous ... Nah bro nothing to be nervous ... Tanker was easy i
Didn't study for that one .. I study for air breaks and took it like three times ... Which one you passed already ?

Old 04-28-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
Ohhh you threw me off when you said being nervous ... Nah bro nothing to be nervous ... Tanker was easy i
Didn't study for that one .. I study for air breaks and took it like three times ... Which one you passed already ?
Lol yea I worded it wrong. My daughter was bugging me. I'm taking 3 tomorrow. That site I was on I took the test like 30 times today. Air brakes had me messing up but I got it down now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City