Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 11:49 AM

8 posts, read 14,855 times

Advertisements

Well, there was no news about the building, so people have nothing else to talk LOL
Do you know what is a typical size of 1BR ML?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 02:28 PM

124 posts, read 220,854 times
Lolz we make a conversation about something else since we all might be neighbor for life in the future lol. I have no idea I asked the same question but no answer, I want to know if there is a eat in kitchen, and how many sq feet is the apartment, I was looking online checking all coops are apartment and they all pretty big.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:08 PM

8 posts, read 14,855 times
I'm not sure about one bedroom with Eat-in Kitchen. You probably may need to hire a constructor to renovate the apartment unit after take over since the age of the building is 54 year-old. I doubt that the original owners ever done that after they moved in many years ago!
I just hope that the 1BR apartment size for is decent. It's hard to obtain the information about the building online for York Ave.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:56 PM

Remeber old apartments are usually builded bigger then the new ones, from what I search online most coops do have eat in kitchen or eating area near the living room , you can search online coops apartments in Zillow.com, they have a lot of pictures of different coops, remeber a regular apartment is not the same as a coop. I have search also online and the not a single apartament information, I think this because is not a regular property. How ever there's some information on a similar building around the area, that is 1725 york Ave, these are stunning beautiful huge coops, I saw it online because the have for sale and rent, if is anything close to that, I would be the happiest men alive lol

Old 12-26-2016, 09:14 AM

72 posts, read 261,071 times
I'm #3xx for a studio at Trinity House. Mgmt person told me the wait is anywhere from 5-10 yrs. That's a huge range. I'm also on the list for 1199 housing in Spanish Harlem and First Atlantic Terminal in downtown Brooklyn. I've got pretty good numbers on those lists. It's probably around 18 months wait for both at this point. 1199 housing looks a bit sketchy but I really don't know for sure. But if they call me first, I'm definitely taking it. By the way, does anyone know the size of these apts, studios specifically, in any of these Mitchell Lamas?

Old 01-16-2017, 08:38 PM

I wonder if anyone got news?

Old 01-25-2017, 08:20 PM

4 posts, read 9,660 times
Default Trinity House wait time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhi2fanny View Post
I'm #3xx for a studio at Trinity House. Mgmt person told me the wait is anywhere from 5-10 yrs. That's a huge range. I'm also on the list for 1199 housing in Spanish Harlem and First Atlantic Terminal in downtown Brooklyn. I've got pretty good numbers on those lists. It's probably around 18 months wait for both at this point. 1199 housing looks a bit sketchy but I really don't know for sure. But if they call me first, I'm definitely taking it. By the way, does anyone know the size of these apts, studios specifically, in any of these Mitchell Lamas?
My log number for Trinity House is in the low 30s, I sent in my $200 deposit in Nov, but haven't heard anything back. I am going to call tomorrow and see what number they are up to on the waiting list. What was the name of the person you spoke to & that quoted 5-10 yr wait? I'm wondering if t's that long because you are in the 300s or if that's the time frame for everyone..

Old 01-25-2017, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,268 times
I totally agree! The "openings" on the website seems very out-dated... I mean I always found out about an open enrollment until after the fact. Really wanna know where do people get the most updated information about open listing??! In addition, it is NOT fair to give us such a hard time returning our deposit...

Old 01-26-2017, 06:34 AM

Finally some people here!!! Lol!, I wonder on what number they working on 1540 york Ave, hopefully my time is soon! I think they working on 50"s because back in October they told there's about 40 people in front of me, I am in upper 70"s. So they going trought 30 numbers about every 5-6 months, because they started the list on March?

Old 01-27-2017, 05:01 PM

42 posts, read 79,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhealy24 View Post
My log number for Trinity House is in the low 30s, I sent in my $200 deposit in Nov, but haven't heard anything back. I am going to call tomorrow and see what number they are up to on the waiting list. What was the name of the person you spoke to & that quoted 5-10 yr wait? I'm wondering if t's that long because you are in the 300s or if that's the time frame for everyone..
I'm up in the 80s, did they get back to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery