Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 01:31 PM

27 posts, read 114,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4chelsea2 View Post
I got log number 2xx.

NYCTURKS: let us know when you get the application in the mail. It's a shame if you got selected and use the online portal they don't let you print an app through there.
I'll keep everyone posted, and thaks for sharing info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 12:45 PM

6 posts, read 28,329 times
Anyone else been able to check their log numbers? I get a For Input String "" error message whenever I try to check. I'm logging in on a mac, maybe that's the problem?

Old 03-26-2016, 07:03 PM

129 posts, read 270,427 times
I was expecting an application in the mail but after reading your posts decided to check the website. I saw my log number but when I checked for my mom who applied as well, it gave me an error message. I tried checking for her at work with a PC and at home with my Mac and it keeps giving me the same error message for her application. I’m not sure if this means she didn’t make it or if there is something wrong with the site. I’m also curious regarding the application, would we receive one by mail? email? should we contact them?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:18 AM

126 posts, read 214,210 times
I am also getting the input string 2,788 message. It seems a lot of people are getting the same error. this message pops up when going to NYC connect.

IF YOU’VE ALREADY APPLIED:

Due to system enhancements that are currently underway, you will
not be able to view the status of your application until further notice.
Please note that this will not affect your chances of being selected.
You will be notified once your application is reviewed by the developer.
You may continue to update your profile information and apply
to new housing lotteries.

I tried emailing them to see if there is any other way to find out log numbers but they never responded.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:48 AM

22 posts, read 73,815 times
I can't view any of my applications either. This has been happening for over a month. Same message NY43 posted..
" Due to system enhancements..."

I'm wondering what changes the new deBlasio plan will have if any, on this process.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:58 PM

6 posts, read 28,329 times
Yeah,

It's also not clear if the "IF YOU’VE ALREADY APPLIED" thing on the main housing connect site also applies to the mitchell lama site. I assumed it did, but then some people are able to see their log numbers, so who knows.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:29 AM

The website is working now. I have a log # but my mom's application says "not selected."

Old 03-31-2016, 01:45 PM

4,775 posts, read 6,573,986 times
I wasn't selected either. But at least the website is working now. Last week I got the message "not applied." Good luck to all those who made it!

Old 04-03-2016, 04:12 PM

27 posts, read 114,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicamb View Post
The website is working now. I have a log # but my mom's application says "not selected."
What's your log number ?

Old 04-03-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTURKS View Post
What's your log number ?

It's in the 2xx. I tried calling the Mitchell Lama office to get some information but there is just a voicemail. Should we be expecting the application in the mail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery