Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 12:38 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times

Advertisements

From where his office is?? Since nothing seems to come out of his mouth that even resembles the truth, I wonder if he's telling the truth when he claims to have seen the two towers coming down. 1.) Were the towers even visible from his office in the Trump Tower? (have no idea where that is). 2) How did he know they were going to come down? Was he in the habit of just gazing at the WTC nonstop in case something happened? I though of posting this under Politics but I my real query is the geography. Any info welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 12:41 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
From where his office is?? Since nothing seems to come out of his mouth that even resembles the truth, I wonder if he's telling the truth when he claims to have seen the two towers coming down. 1.) Were the towers even visible from his office in the Trump Tower? (have no idea where that is). 2) How did he know they were going to come down? Was he in the habit of just gazing at the WTC nonstop in case something happened? I though of posting this under Politics but I my real query is the geography. Any info welcome.

Persons from New Jersey, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan watched the entire 9/11/01 events unfold including the Towers imploding. So yes, depending upon where Mr. Trump's office was he would have had a ring side seat.

You could have stood on Seventh Avenue or many other streets/avenues from say Mid-town and looked south and saw what was going on. The nurses and other staff at former Saint Vincent's hospital in GV saw what was going on as well.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:43 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
You realize the Twin Towers didn't just randomly collapse right? They got hit by Airplanes and the South Tower Collapsed an hour later, by that time the whole country was watching. Him seeing the events of 9/11 is something everyone over the age of 20 can say.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:44 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
He probably had a view of them. I was even able to see those building from way out in Queens.

And the buildings didn't come down right away. Once the first plane hit, everyone was already tuned in to the news.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:48 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Instead of fact finding these events, how about fact finding on issues? Anyone within 20mi radius can see it well. Find something else to bash Trump for.

How bout the Feds and Bush that did practically nothing for the workers of the 9-11 site?

Old 01-15-2016, 12:58 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
If his office was above the 20th floor and not north-facing (it'd be in Midtown Manhattan) good chance he could see them. I think it's common for executives to have an office on a higher floor, so likely.

My mom said some in her office went to the rooftop (or was it a floor near the top of the building?) to get a view of the World Trade Center.

Last edited by nei; 01-15-2016 at 01:43 PM..

Old 01-15-2016, 01:32 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Millions of people,including me, "saw them falling" on TV. Also, someone as involved as he is in the business and money community of NYC could well have been downtown around Wall Street at the time it happened for any number of reasons.

So,either way, it doesn't matter where his office is and he probably did have a view from his office anyway…..if not from the office itself certainly from his buildings roof top which I'm sure he has open access to. By the time the buildings finally came down,millions of people in the NYC area were doing exactly that….up on rooftops watching.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:40 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:

As someone who saw it from their office, I can say the whole office was at the window watching the huge smoke plume rise over the city. We could see for a while before they each individually fell.

As to where you should post it, given your "in case something happened" comment - like they just suddenly fell down without the preceding inferno and smoke ... post it under the absolutely clueless section.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:58 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,162,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Persons from New Jersey, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan watched the entire 9/11/01 events unfold including the Towers imploding. So yes, depending upon where Mr. Trump's office was he would have had a ring side seat.

You could have stood on Seventh Avenue or many other streets/avenues from say Mid-town and looked south and saw what was going on. The nurses and other staff at former Saint Vincent's hospital in GV saw what was going on as well.
Yes--we could see it from parts of Queens on the Nassau border

Old 01-15-2016, 03:15 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
A lot of people saw it by that time, the media was also focused on it. What a lot of people did not see with their own eyes were the actual impacts the buildings took.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City