Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 07:43 PM

912 posts, read 1,132,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
What's a fair chance? Is that like "democrats say so, so..." or "it's common sense"?

Since it has been proven over and over that libby anti-Constitution proposals would do nothing to lower "gun violence" and are never based on empirical evidence, can you just admit that blaming the NRA is merely a convenient way to deflect from the violence issues in the poor, mostly black community where "gun violence" is prevalent?

For some strange reason we can say "gun violence", a term which blames an inanimate object, but we can't say "black on black violence", a term which much more closely describes the bulk of crimes committed with firearms annually.
What are you talking about? Austrialia used to have gun laws like ours. They had one mass shooting and the implemented massive reforms. Since then, gun violence dropped MASSIVELY. That doesn't meen that gun violence in Austriala is non-existent, but countless of lives have been saved because of the reforms.

The US is the ONLY ADVANCED/DEVELOPED nation in the world with such high incidents of gun violence. The problem is that despite some states having tough regulations, other states will allow almost anyone to buy a gun, and states with tough regulations have no way of preventing those guns from coming into their states. States with loose regulations tend to have more gun violence. The few states with tough regulation that have high gun violence, you will find that most of the guns recovered come from states with loose regulations. The only way to prevent gun violence is to adopt similar, tough regulations, NATIONWIDE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 08:55 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Come get them my man, any time.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:07 PM

912 posts, read 1,132,517 times
Quote:
Come get them my man, any time.
I don't want your guns. There is a difference between regulation and consfiscation. If I remember correctly, you're a police officer (or ex police officer.) That means you've had a lot of training on how to use a gun, how to store them correctly and safety, and how to properly respond in a dangerous situation. Your job probably also required mental evaluations at one point. You can't honestly tell me that a 5/10 hr class on how to use guns compares to the years of training you have had. Yet, in some states, that's all that's required to buy a gun, and that scares the **** out of me.

Can you honestly tell me, putting aside our differences in ideology, that if you happened to be in situation that required you to draw your gun, with your family around you, that you would feel safe that someone with good intentions, but no experience of training (aside of a 5hr class,) also drawing their gun and firing off?

Old 02-04-2016, 09:28 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
Why are you making this a black vs. white thing?

As for "modern science and technology": I'm fairly certain white men (and, a few women) are responsible for 99.99% of this modern science and technology you seem to hold so dearly. I guarantee that irony gets lost in your racially obsessed head of yours. (((rattle)))
Lolol this huge lie.

And to think maybe you forgot that GUNPOWDER (of all things) and lots of forms of "technology" old and new came from non-Europeans.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:46 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
I hate the diblasio administration, I hate black lives matter movement, and I think this kid and his family are scum thugs.

That being said, I don't know how this isn't self defense, at least based on the few details provided. Police confirmed the violence was initiated by the victim and several others. And I don't think it was while dealing drugs, but rather over a drug debt.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
I don't want your guns. There is a difference between regulation and consfiscation. If I remember correctly, you're a police officer (or ex police officer.) That means you've had a lot of training on how to use a gun, how to store them correctly and safety, and how to properly respond in a dangerous situation. Your job probably also required mental evaluations at one point. You can't honestly tell me that a 5/10 hr class on how to use guns compares to the years of training you have had. Yet, in some states, that's all that's required to buy a gun, and that scares the **** out of me.

Can you honestly tell me, putting aside our differences in ideology, that if you happened to be in situation that required you to draw your gun, with your family around you, that you would feel safe that someone with good intentions, but no experience of training (aside of a 5hr class,) also drawing their gun and firing off?
Ok, in all seriousness, it doesn't matter whether I'd feel safe or not. We are a nation supposedly based off of the rule of law rather than the rule of man. That means we either respect our Constitution as it was written, or we admit that we have move so far away from it's edicts that it is no longer our guiding document.

That fact that you would even mention Australia, a nation which straight up banned and confiscated nearly every class of modern firearm, tells me that your limit regarding what you consider acceptable "gun control" goes deeply enough that if it was up to me and you to "compromise", we wouldn't be able to.

On that point, explain to me why the word "compromise" suddenly changes definition to "give us something and we give you nothing" when speaking about guns, and explain to me what the end game is? Both are valid questions.

Since the 1968 Gun Control Act, across the USA we have passed over 20,000 guns laws. Since the left continually wants more, it is not absurd for a gun rights advocate to be thinking, Wait a second. If every law they've passed so far hasn't done enough according to them, what exactly are they getting at?"

We've reached the breaking point now, as evidenced by the fact that unlike in the past, democrats not only speak openly of severe gun control measures - such as Australia's - but the two major candidates for president are engaged in one-upmanship over the topic, despite the fact that one was openly pro-gun in the past (Sanders) and the other played up the "duck hunting photo op" multiple times during her political career.

Not one more inch. The game is over. FYI we won a major decision yesterday in Maryland. Check it out.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Lolol this huge lie.

And to think maybe you forgot that GUNPOWDER (of all things) and lots of forms of "technology" old and new came from non-Europeans.
Gun powder came from the Chinese. Guns as we know them were developed in Europe and the Americas.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:05 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,018 times
Quote:
Gun powder came from the Chinese. Guns as we know them were developed in Europe and the Americas.
Come on Airborne, don't you know the Chinese developed gunpowder and used it strictly in a peaceful manner for fireworks in they're celebrations? It was the evil and exploitive white European that stole the technology and developed weapons to intimidate and kill. Yes of course, to the left we are everything that is wrong on this planet.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:54 AM

Dang, foiled again. lol At least I tried!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: