Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 02:24 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times

Advertisements

Trying to answer this, without, especially non New York City area people, talking about his policies, etc. There's a thread in other Forums for that. IYO, has he always been this obnoxious, even as far back as the late 70's?
The main reason why I ask, is maybe, this kind of behavior, doesn't really faze New Yorkers, since it's more common, even though I'm sure it's not the norm, with those that run for public office and /or are filthy rich, while, that act, in the rest of America, especially outside the Northeast Corridor, just does not fly.
Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 02:49 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
I don't think NYC residents are particularly tolerant of crude, narcissistic bullies running for office. Most, if not all, of the mayors of NYC and the other state-wide politicians from NYC in the last century haven't been of that mold. Certainly NYC voters overwhelming rejected the last state-wide candidate who shares Trump's traits, Carl Paladino, who was soundly trounced by Andrew Cuomo, also a native NYer, in 2010. In fact, tough, hard-as-nails but respectable politicians who behave well in public like Cuomo (father and son), Schumer, Bloomberg, Guiliani, etc are much more typical of NYC politicians than crude, ill-mannered buffoons like Trump or Paladino. Whatever their private issues or their political policies, successful major NY politicians aren't asshats or clowns.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:20 PM

When I meant unfazed I didn't necessarily mean tolerant

Old 03-05-2016, 03:25 PM

15,855 posts, read 14,479,382 times
I have a female relative who worked for him, somewhat directly. She had no problem with how he treated her. This was back in the '80, when women were just entering the workforce in large numbers, and could easily run into harassment. She thought he was very professional.

In point of fact, she's a strong supporter of his run for president.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:28 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I have a female relative who worked for him, somewhat directly. She had no problem with how he treated her. This was back in the '80, when women were just entering the workforce in large numbers, and could easily run into harassment. She thought he was very professional.

Trump is a highly intelligent man he knows how to make this nation great again. The liberal haters try to bring him down but comes back stronger and better than ever.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:39 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
The man is under constant attack from all sides and angles. Seems like the entire media world is out to dismantle him. Under constant attack from the Right and Left of politics. Under attack from celebrities who feel you should agree with what they say. Of course, anyone will be aggressive, rude and crude defending themselves from constant attacks in all angles, shapes and forms on a daily basis.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post

Interesting. Would like to hear from others that have actually met or talked with him

Old 03-05-2016, 05:35 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Here is what an real inside-baseball New Yorker had to say about Trump back in the day:

Former Crain's Publisher Alair Townsend said it best back when she was a deputy mayor for Ed Koch and tartly observed that she wouldn't believe Donald Trump "if his tongue were notarized."

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...his-financials

Old 03-05-2016, 05:38 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
I don't think Trump is crude at all. I think the proper word in BLUNT. He tells it like it is and I so appreciate that. That might not appeal to everybody right now but IMO it is what this country needs. Straight Talk BLUNT action.

He is the best thing that has happened to the Republican Party in a long time and they fail to see it. It shows you how dumb elephants really are.

I am independent leaning left but I know a good thing when I see it. Trump is the happy medium.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:48 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
I am likely voting for trump. The thing that surprises me the most, however, is I was expecting him to be much more articulate. He obviously must have a great business sense - but I suppose I was expecting a genius who knows everything about anything. And that doesn't appear to be the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City