Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 08:20 AM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
True agree with your post, believe me if a mentally ill person is acting out, the subway car has plenty of room to stay far away
even if the train was overcrowded. I would find a way out.

Again which is why subway personnel leave these things to the NYPD.

If you live in NYC you know you cannot get away from persons babbling to themselves on the streets. Fair enough, we all have learned how to avoid and keep our guard. If one gets in the same subway car again we up our guard....

The last thing you want to do is confront such persons if you are untrained and so forth. You don't know what could set them off and what would have been nothing can turn into a very nasty/violent thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 08:37 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I was riding the E today in a car that had a guy incoherently shouting and waving his cane in the air and slamming it down on the floor. I did just take my chances and continue riding in that car, mostly because I wasn't close enough to either end of the car to run out and get in the next one. He wasn't hitting anyone with his cane (yet) but I felt things could possibly turn ugly.

Is there a way to report this kind of thing to the MTA while you're on the train?
The MTA/city hasn't done a good job of addressing this and I'm not blaming this on a particular administration because it has been a problem for a long time. I think you are supposed to wait until the train stops and tell the conductor but this isn't always practical and I feel most new yorkers have grown a large tolerance of stuff like this. Most will just move to another car or block it out.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:14 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Maybe he WAS the train conductor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City