Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:49 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,240,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Even if that were true (and keep in mind a Fox News article which doesn't even disclose exactly how they came to that conclusion is not an end all), it does not negate what I said. It is not common at all for Mexicans in NYC or elsewhere, legal or not, to terrorize Chinese restaurant workers. And this guy's origin is not even known.
Why does everything have to be common in order for you to accept that it can happen?

Also, are you a Chinese restaurant worker? Have you polled any Chinese restaurant workers? Are you out at all Chinese restaurants everyday to see if they do or do not get harrassed by illegals?

If not, then you shouldn't be so sure that these things are "not common."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 08:59 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,151,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Thanks for sharing, illegal immigrants that are killers and commit crimes. No matter what race, are more dangerous then the
legal ones. One reason they are under the radar making it hard to track them down and they know this.
They also know that being convicted of a crime can get them deported, which should ostensibly make them much LESS likely to commit crimes.

In 2015, the US deported 235,000 people here illegally. Of those, 139,000 had criminal convictions. https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics

Old 05-03-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If the Police arrest the thug and they turned out to be illegal, they would be released within days after paying fines. That would be the rest, no jail time. We treat illegal criminals in America better than US citizen criminals.
How do you explain the 139,000 illegal criminals who were deported in 2015?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:05 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,255,502 times
When the cops stop a person what they ask for first? Your identification card if you do not have one they will take you in.
They need to find out if you have any warrants, and if your legal or not.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
What makes you even think the guy might be illegal?
I guess he thinks he can make an ignorant assumption based on the fact that they are Hispanic. He must not be aware of the enormous legal population of Hispanic New Yorkers, many of whom were born in the US!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:13 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,500,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Why does everything have to be common in order for you to accept that it can happen?

Also, are you a Chinese restaurant worker? Have you polled any Chinese restaurant workers? Are you out at all Chinese restaurants everyday to see if they do or do not get harrassed by illegals?

If not, then you shouldn't be so sure that these things are "not common."
Well if there's no evidence proving something to be common, it's better to assume that it's not common.

Asians and Mexicans live around each other and work with each other in NYC, generally in peace

Old 05-03-2016, 09:36 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,255,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
They also know that being convicted of a crime can get them deported, which should ostensibly make them much LESS likely to commit crimes.

In 2015, the US deported 235,000 people here illegally. Of those, 139,000 had criminal convictions. https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics
True and agree, but you do have some illegal criminals that don't care. Just like you have legal criminals that don't care and
commit crimes, I'm not saying all illegal people are criminals or bad people "Criminal has no discrimination" they come in all
Shapes, sex, age and colors.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:28 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,906,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Hard? I told you straight after you replied to me. Like I said, you were just feigning ignorance.

Are you serious? You don't think there's any thing wrong with lecturing? Let's put it this way, if someone lectured you, you wouldn't like it but yet somehow it's okay if you did it to others. They call someone like that a hypocrite.

Weak and dumb analogy. The person next to you on a subway did not beat someone senseless so it would make no sense to question their psyche.
I asked you why you thought something and you replied asking why I wouldn't think that. Seemed like there was some avoidance there.

No I don't think there's anything wrong with "lecturing." Just because I may not agree with somebody doesn't mean it's wrong for them to disagree. I joined this forum to have discussion with both like-minded and not-so-like-minded individuals. I definitely don't expect everybody to have the same thought process as me, but I do expect for people to want to engage in intelligent conversations.

Ok, I can see how that would be a poor analogy. Point is if somebody is guilty of one crime, I wouldn't automatically assume they're guilty of another crime. Let's say I wouldn't think a farebeater is a drug user (unless there were external signs).

Old 05-04-2016, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Well if there's no evidence proving something to be common, it's better to assume that it's not common.

Asians and Mexicans live around each other and work with each other in NYC, generally in peace
Isn't funny how you like to preach openmindedness but yet you generalize illegals to specifically be Mexicans? Everyone else keeps using the term illegal but yet you repeatedly say Mexicans.

Again, hypocrite.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I guess he thinks he can make an ignorant assumption based on the fact that they are Hispanic. He must not be aware of the enormous legal population of Hispanic New Yorkers, many of whom were born in the US!
No, really? You mean there are actually legal Hispanic US residents? Wow, you are so smart. Where would we be without you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: