Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:17 PM

493 posts, read 512,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
First off, you know nothing about me personally. And me or my loved ones do not have criminal backgrounds. Nor am I supportive of de Blasio.

It's interesting that you falsely assumed, however.
Of course people assume. I don't think people really understand how terrible it is dealing with some of these cops. Not that Im against the take down of gang members. Honestly, I thankful I have a few detectives in my family that when so little neighborhood cops tried to pull some b.s I have people to call and handle it.

Anyway I think they should remove any gang members though most of them will be released and if they have no felonies they will get a slap on the wrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 04:39 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Yeah apparently now the problem isn't the violent progressive horde destroying things nationwide. It's us waiting patiently for them to go too far (which they will).

Ho hum, whatever. I've personally heard enough of the "blame Trump for his violent gatherings perpetrated by his detractors"-type mindset.

I stand unabashedly willing and able to crush the enemies of civil society once the gloves come off. In the words of Bart Scott: "Can't wait!"
Boy u wouldn't bust a grape.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:36 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Boy u wouldn't bust a grape.
Been doing it for years brotha, here and abroad.

I just recently left your people 'cause I'm smart. Like I told you when you made the comment about that sav from Baltimore: last time I got shot at, I tackled the guy. Next time it's a dirt nap, just because. People nowadays need some lessons.

The disconnect here is that you don't realize how easy it actually is. Or maybe you do, which is fine. Makes it more fun when the time comes...

Old 05-02-2016, 04:32 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
No, I mean people who think like you. Pretty simple concept: you say something, we respond to it. It's not always a grand racial conspiracy.
Yes, my friend. Everything isn't always grand conspiracy. However, we do know who is most likely to be effected by certain laws and policies, perhaps based on experience and available data. Of course, these truths do make some of us uncomfortable.

Thanks for the SIMPLE CONCEPT.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:33 PM

The only conspiracy is that they hate us all.

If there is hope, it lies in the proles.

Until we stop looking to government to solve all of our problems, and realize that government IS the problem, we're just pissing at each other in the wind, brother against brother.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:10 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
The only conspiracy is that they hate us all.

If there is hope, it lies in the proles.

Until we stop looking to government to solve all of our problems, and realize that government IS the problem, we're just pissing at each other in the wind, brother against brother.
I agree with you to an extent but don't you find it ironic seeing that you work for the government?

Old 05-02-2016, 07:21 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,741 times
this is phase 1 of gentrification.
lest not forget when giuliani indicted the five families during the mafia commission trials before manhattan became disney land

Old 05-02-2016, 07:31 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I agree with you to an extent but don't you find it ironic seeing that you work for the government?
Don't forget to include on how much he loves to brag about earning big paycheck on taxpayers dime.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:37 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Don't forget to include on how much he loves to brag about earning big paycheck on taxpayers dime.
Idk just seems weirdly hypocritical to me. It's not like most cops were like, "I wanted to be a physician or an engineer or a mathematician but I chose to become a cop..."

Private military contractors pay a lot but you have to be elite to qualify. If policing was privatized, how much would the average cop make? If they made a ton, it'd probably be a small, specialized, highly professional force. If we still had 40k cops, they'd probably be making **** in the private sector.

So if you're a cop, how do you hate the government? They are literally treating you extremely well.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 PM

Honest answer is I knew I had to come back to NY for family, and wanted my 2nd Amendment rights. Only one way to do that here. Plus I kind of always wanted to be a cop anyway. So here I am. I wanted to be an attorney, had most of the schooling finished, but became tired and disinterested.

There will always be police, that's a fact of life. I can choose which laws to enforce with few exceptions. In almost 15 years I've never arrest anyone for weed or guns (unless they committed a legit crime with one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City