U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2008, 07:49 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 4,836,485 times
Reputation: 619

Advertisements

Quote:
. According to a witness, the shooter asked Jamiel what gang he was from and then he shot him. All indications about Jamiel was that he was a good teen with a bright future, but what may have caused the shooter to single Jamiel out was his association with the neighborhood including amiable relationships with Blood gang members. His relationships with these gang members should not take away from his good character nor does it justify his murder, because people such as Jamiel inevitably interact with gangs because they are in the neighborhood, on the school bus, protecting residents from other gangs, on the street corners and at the high school.
One Citizen Speaking...: Is the political leadership of LA vested in portraying Jamiel Shaw as something other than the innocent victim he appears to be -- for the purpose of derailing the public's demand that Special Order 40 be overturned and upset
Was this really about race?

 
Old 06-22-2008, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,291 posts, read 11,485,808 times
Reputation: 6426
I would say that his murder was unjustified and that those responcible should be put on trial and punished accordingly.
Neighborhoods with gangs seem to tolerate them for whatever reason. I would assume due to fear of retaliation. I myself would not allow myself to live in such a neighborhood. Its a big country and lots of opprotunity to move elsewhere. This young mans death is unfortunate and happens all to often. The issue is our system of justice is easily manipulated by the bad guys and greedy lawyers. Were that my son I would form my own possie of fellow combat vets and I would have my revenge and justice.
 
Old 06-22-2008, 08:26 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 4,836,485 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I would say that his murder was unjustified and that those responcible should be put on trial and punished accordingly.
Neighborhoods with gangs seem to tolerate them for whatever reason. I would assume due to fear of retaliation. I myself would not allow myself to live in such a neighborhood. Its a big country and lots of opprotunity to move elsewhere. This young mans death is unfortunate and happens all to often. The issue is our system of justice is easily manipulated by the bad guys and greedy lawyers. Were that my son I would form my own possie of fellow combat vets and I would have my revenge and justice.
I agree with everything you say, but i was wondering if this was a race killing as some want to make it.
 
Old 06-22-2008, 08:56 AM
 
47,586 posts, read 35,883,543 times
Reputation: 21592
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I agree with everything you say, but i was wondering if this was a race killing as some want to make it.
It was a race killing. Even if he associated with gangs which can be difficult not to do -- who hasn't ever associated with gangs at least in some way if they're all around, if he was killed because he was black and because his friends were black, it was a race killing.

A hispanic gang killing someone from a black gang is still a race killing.
 
Old 06-22-2008, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 26,598,263 times
Reputation: 3668
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It was a race killing. Even if he associated with gangs which can be difficult not to do -- who hasn't ever associated with gangs at least in some way if they're all around, if he was killed because he was black and because his friends were black, it was a race killing.

A hispanic gang killing someone from a black gang is still a race killing.
And the irony is that some Hispanics are Black themselves------Dominicans come to mind.
 
Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 4,836,485 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It was a race killing. Even if he associated with gangs which can be difficult not to do -- who hasn't ever associated with gangs at least in some way if they're all around, if he was killed because he was black and because his friends were black, it was a race killing.

A hispanic gang killing someone from a black gang is still a race killing.
What evidence do you have that he was killed because he was black and because his friends were black?


Quote:
I believe it could have been avoided. Jamiel, on several of his MySpace pages, proclaimed that he was a member of Rollin 20's NHB (Neighborhood Bloods). There are several pictures with Jamiel flashing gang signs and threatening rival gangs that included the crips and 18th Street gang with violence. Ironically, the 18th Street gang is the set his alleged killer is from.
Now, there are some who are saying that pointing these facts out is a smear campaign and those that search for the truth are killing Jamiel all over again. That's ridiculous. We're not calling him a gang member. Jamiel called himself a gang member. In fact in several of his pictures he is dressed in red, which is the color of the Bloods.


The murder of Jamiel Shaw and why the truth is never a smear campaign.
 
Old 06-22-2008, 09:19 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 4,836,485 times
Reputation: 619
http://witnessla.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/jamiel-web-1.thumbnail.gif (broken link) http://witnessla.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/jamiel-red-tennis-shoes.thumbnail.gif (broken link)

WitnessLA.com » Blog Archive » Jamiel Shaw and Rashomon - Los Angeles Style - UPDATED

Quote:
Now, at least two of the people who researched more deeply into the circumstances surrounding the murder—Project Hope’s Ali and reporter Stark—have reversed their original views that Jamiel Shaw was killed for racial reasons. They are joined in this perspective by gang expert, Alex Alonso, who first broke that part of the story last week.


The evidence is now showing that the killing had nothing to do with race.
 
Old 06-22-2008, 09:21 AM
 
47,586 posts, read 35,883,543 times
Reputation: 21592
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What evidence do you have that he was killed because he was black and because his friends were black?



The murder of Jamiel Shaw and why the truth is never a smear campaign.

It's not secret that in parts of the country, blacks are being targetted, killed simply for being black.


SPLCenter.org: L.A. Blackout

According to gang experts and law enforcement agents, a longstanding race war between the Mexican Mafia and the Black Guerilla family, a rival African-American prison gang, has generated such intense racial hatred among Mexican Mafia leaders, or shot callers, that they have issued a "green light" on all blacks. A sort of gang-life fatwah, this amounts to a standing authorization for Latino gang members to prove their mettle by terrorizing or even murdering any blacks sighted in a neighborhood claimed by a gang loyal to the Mexican Mafia.
 
Old 06-22-2008, 09:34 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 4,836,485 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not secret that in parts of the country, blacks are being targetted, killed simply for being black.


SPLCenter.org: L.A. Blackout

According to gang experts and law enforcement agents, a longstanding race war between the Mexican Mafia and the Black Guerilla family, a rival African-American prison gang, has generated such intense racial hatred among Mexican Mafia leaders, or shot callers, that they have issued a "green light" on all blacks. A sort of gang-life fatwah, this amounts to a standing authorization for Latino gang members to prove their mettle by terrorizing or even murdering any blacks sighted in a neighborhood claimed by a gang loyal to the Mexican Mafia.
What does this have to do with this particular case?
 
Old 06-22-2008, 09:39 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 4,836,485 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Jose Martinez, 26, killed Feb. 25. Both were victims of black gang members who were in a dispute with a Latino gang in the young men’s neighborhood
Bratton walks a fine line on race - Los Angeles Times

As noted at the 2 min mark in the clip below, Jose martinez was not in a gang either and was gunned down by black gang members because they thought he was in a gang.


YouTube - Gang Battle May Have Led to Jamiel Shaw Homicide

My question is what is so different about the slayin of Jamiel shaw and Jose martinez?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top