Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 01:20 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

Public restrooms like in Grand Central and Penn Station is disgusting. I always held my breath going in and avoid eye contact with unsavory people looking to wash themselves at the wash sink.

All those progressives are pushing for unisex restrooms will be sorry they have to share space with some very unhygienic guys. Not to mention I like male urinals, I get the job done quickly. I hate to see unisex restrooms with only unisex stalls.

I see unisex restroom as terrible ideas for NYC. Too many perverts, pedophiles, and convicted criminals running around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 01:34 PM

436 posts, read 565,160 times
There are way more pressing issues than this too. It's almost as if the head political figures think their only constituency are the pseudo-liberals with heads in their clouds. How about tackling a real problem? Like the fact that downtown Flushing can't handle the current (and increasing) amount of pedestrian and vehicle traffic that currently goes through it?

Old 05-02-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Azure View Post
There are way more pressing issues than this too. It's almost as if the head political figures think their only constituency are the pseudo-liberals with heads in their clouds. How about tackling a real problem? Like the fact that downtown Flushing can't handle the current (and increasing) amount of pedestrian and vehicle traffic that currently goes through it?
It goes back to the same people who get worked up over these issues never walked in Flushing or would never use public restroom.

The company where I work, all the execs and secretaries use private unisex bathrooms that are like 4 star hotel.

The PC with bathrooms will backfire, that's why NC passed a law about it but the liberals thinks it's an insult on their intelligence and liberty.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:40 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Public restrooms like in Grand Central and Penn Station is disgusting. I always held my breath going in and avoid eye contact with unsavory people looking to wash themselves at the wash sink.

All those progressives are pushing for unisex restrooms will be sorry they have to share space with some very unhygienic guys. Not to mention I like male urinals, I get the job done quickly. I hate to see unisex restrooms with only unisex stalls.

I see unisex restroom as terrible ideas for NYC. Too many perverts, pedophiles, and convicted criminals running around.
What exactly is being pushed for? To require unisex bathrooms everywhere or to give the option of having unisex bathrooms? Making it a requirement would get very expensive to rebuild all of them.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
What exactly is being pushed for? To require unisex bathrooms everywhere or to give the option of having unisex bathrooms? Making it a requirement would get very expensive to rebuild all of them.
There are those that believe that male and female bathrooms are sexists. Because transgender and certain people who do not wish to be identified by their original gender cannot use a certain bathroom because of new laws enacted in some states which forbids those going into opposite sex restroom. Some business are threatening to pull out of states that defines who should use which bathroom.

PayPal pulls 400 jobs from North Carolina - Apr. 5, 2016 due to new bathroom bill

These Are the Transgender Bathroom Wars, in a Nutshell

They say that businesses should all switch to unisex bathroom including public places to better identify with the new norm.

Last edited by vision33r; 05-02-2016 at 02:23 PM..

Old 05-02-2016, 06:00 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Maybe the problem is men. I've been in the Grand Central Station ladies' room, and it's not that bad. Better than a lot of bathrooms I've been to in Chinatown restaurants.

Maybe the solution is we need to do a better job indoctrinating men. Or maybe the presence of women will shame them into improving?

Old 05-02-2016, 06:13 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Some smaller restaurants already have unisex bathrooms.

Bottom line: Let everybody go to the bathroom they identify with and then use the stall. Nobody will be any the wiser and yes, then we can move on to more important problems.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:22 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Nope, as a guy who has cleaned them, women's restrooms are quite disgusting. "Hovering" is the big issue, plus throwing paper products all over the place.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:30 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Nope, as a guy who has cleaned them, women's restrooms are quite disgusting. "Hovering" is the big issue, plus throwing paper products all over the place.
The hovering issue is because the public toilets for women are built wrong. If you go to Japan, you will see public toilets for women that look like this http://vosmervoyages.com/images/medi...ese-Toilet.jpg It eliminates the hovering mess. Don't know why women are throwing paper products all over the place, but I agree, I've seen some messy women's public restrooms, and not just in a place like a major train station.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:45 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
a perfect opportunity for entrepeneurs to build portable mini toilets to avoid the forthcoming gender confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City