Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 06:53 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's a damn good story. One you can retell for years!
I've actually witnessed something similar. A woman would be sitting on the bench then all of a sudden bolt to in between the cars and just ride there, then come back and sit down, and then go back again. I thought for sure she was a jumper, but then she got off the train at 42nd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 07:00 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
If De Bozio stays in office much longer you'll have a lot more of those stories
I hear you.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:19 PM

2,024 posts, read 1,316,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirspacepilot View Post
If I had a dollar for every penis I've been shown against my will on a subway car, or in the station. I remember one time this guy dropped trou and began wiggling it around and gesturing at women on the subway platform. Everyone started laughing at him. It was nice to see something aside from silent discomfort.

A dollar? Is New York really that much more expensive?
Down here in Atlanta, it's "If I had a nickel for ..."

Old 06-05-2016, 09:27 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
A dollar? Is New York really that much more expensive?
Down here in Atlanta, it's "If I had a nickel for ..."
inflation

Old 06-06-2016, 02:01 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve1 View Post
I would not characterize that person as "homeless." I'm homeless. I'd never do such a thing.

A person like that is probably mentally ill.
Very well.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:53 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Most disturbing thing you've witnessed on the subway.

"See Agent."
Implying a need to go AGAIN to Stone Street and wait 2 months for a new reduced fare Metrocard.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:18 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Well, this is not disturbing, but I once saw a cat come in at 59th street on the 1 train, take a seat, and then get off at 125th street.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:47 AM

575 posts, read 672,748 times
That's a tough act to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirspacepilot View Post
To kick things off:

Last night I was on my commute home around 1AM (I work as a musician, so that's somewhat early), and this heavily intoxicated woman wobbled onto the train and sat down across from me. At one point she caught me glancing at her through her giant sunglasses, got up and moved to the very end of the car... soon she opened the subway doors and walked out momentarily before seemingly chickening out of something and sat down again. Five minutes later I hear the doors open and see her walk out, letting them close behind her... and then she goes down pretty quickly in the middle of the space between cars as soon as we're on the above ground outdoor track, looking like she's moving close to the edge. I assume immediately that it's a suicide attempt, and yell "NO!" and probably a few expletives as I get up and make a dash for the door with all of my gear in hand- others hear me and four men get up and move towards the doors to help. One guy gets there before me, opens the door, looks down at her and says something, pauses, and then steps back and lets the doors close.

He looks at me with a pale face and explained. She was not in fact trying to jump, she was sh*tting off of the subway car. We all returned to our seats and exchanged a few words of relief and disgust before she stumbled back onto the same car... and sat across from me. We all sat in glance exchanging silence for the rest of the ride while she rooted through her bag, grabbed an eye dropper full of something and ate whatever it was... also put some of it into her tear ducts and at the base of her nostrils.

I've seen a much bigger gross-out, but that was the most psychologically messed up.

The end.
Your turn.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:01 AM

575 posts, read 672,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Two guys get into a verbal dispute. One guy reaches into the back of his pants with a cupping like motion, pulls out a scoop of poop, throws it at the other guy while yelling "eat my s**t!"

This gets my vote for the most disgusting post on this thread.

A close second, not previously mentioned, was that disgusting Hillary, acting like she was "one of the real people" and not knowing how to use a Metro Card. THAT MADE ME VERY ILL

Old 06-06-2016, 03:11 PM

51 posts, read 94,151 times
Most disturbing thing I've seen on the subway involves a possible child kidnapping. There was a girl about 2 years old in a filthy stroller who was screaming bloody murder. She was strapped in and trying to get out. She was too young to talk and verbalize what's going on. The guy who was accompanying her looked nothing like the girl (girl was blonde and blue eyed and man was more sephardic in looks) and probably wasn't her father. He showed no empathy or any emotions and did not try to comfort this screaming baby in anyway. All of us in the subway suspected a kidnapping but didn't have any proof. One woman questioned why he didn't have any toys for the girl. The guy stayed mum and didn't respond to anyone. None of us wanted to be accusatory but we were all disturbed. This was before the camera phones. This was years ago and still bothers me to this day. In hindsight, I probably should have gotten a conductor and had him stopped. Better to have been wrong and have him accuse of me of being this and that than to have a little girl kidnapped. But it all happened so fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City