Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 09:19 AM

82 posts, read 109,201 times

Advertisements

I live in va.
she lives in Brooklyn Chinatown and is 35yr old.

I met her online.
we've had one date so far.

I'm going to be in ny during july 4th weekend.
she's only available on July 4th.

suggestions on what to do for our 2nd date on July 4th?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 07:45 PM

484 posts, read 561,204 times
You live in Virginia? and you're coming to New York for a second date on July 4?

1. Ask her to show you some New York sights.
2. Am assuming she's Chinese or Chinese-American? If it's open, ask her to take you through part of the Museum of Chinese in America and then go out for dim sum.
3. Check out Time Out New York -- everything that is happening in New York this week, from museums to theater to special events.
4. Go for a walk in Central Park, have dinner on the other side (after checking out yelp.com for recommendations that fit your budget).

Assuming you want to a) spend time with her; b) don't want to battle crowds, noise, etc., I'd avoid the stuff that everyone is going to be doing - picnicking in the parks, going to the beach. Might be a fantastic weekend to go to any of the museums that are open (museums' traditional day to close is July 4th).

Metropolitan Museum is huge, and you can pick and choose what you'd like to see.

Brooklyn Museum has a cool feature where you can chat via your smart phone with the staff to ask questions about particular paintings as you stroll through the galleries.

Museum of Natural History has lots of cool stuff from frogs to dinosaurs to beetles to gems.

The zoos of New York are always good -- if conversation lags, just go look at the polar bears or the monkeys, tons to talk about.

What I would do is have about six choices in mind, call her up now and ask HER what she'd like to do -- offer your suggestions, and see where the conversation takes you.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:34 PM

82 posts, read 91,084 times
How about the beach? Or if you want to stay in Manhattan, the suggestions above are good ones.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:44 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Someplace HIGH near the East River-Brooklyn Bridge to see the fireworks.

Old 07-01-2016, 04:43 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
my place..you can watch or join
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: