Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2017, 12:51 PM

114 posts, read 180,168 times

Advertisements

Even if they've filled CB units, they "should" go for someone with a lower number first... just sayin'. Still, crwnhigh: go and get ready. They like to maintain an eligible list in case someone drops out, so they may know something that we don't. No real tips to offer because this isn't a very searching interview. They're sticklers for detail, but they don't ask anything personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 03:12 PM

12 posts, read 24,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bblessed View Post
Crwn,
Maybe you have CB preference and don't realize? Are you a municipal?
I think this is the case - I went and looked it up and I am CB8, so I guess that accounts for my preference. Don't remember clicking anything on the application though

Old 03-28-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowanusdweller View Post
It sounds like they've filled all of the preference apartments (50% of the units) and now they are reaching out to fill the other 50% ...
When you say preference, do you mean CB? Cause I also don't see if I had any apartment size preference (1br vs studio or 2br, for example).

Main thing I'm worried about is that they are out of 1br's already.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:16 PM

250 posts, read 378,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhigh View Post
I think this is the case - I went and looked it up and I am CB8, so I guess that accounts for my preference. Don't remember clicking anything on the application though
Once you put your address on the application if you live within the community board you automatically have CB preference.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4carlton View Post
Signed lease and I'm moving in next month.
just4carlton - care to shed any light on the process? how long was it between initial interview and lease signing? Did you have a CB preference or apartment size preference? I'm angling for a 1br and I don't know if it is harder to swing one of those than say a studio. If I give them a preference for a 1br am I less likely to be selected if I've already been called in for an interview?

Old 03-28-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari_bella View Post
Once you put your address on the application if you live within the community board you automatically have CB preference.
Thank you!! Good to know!

Old 03-28-2017, 08:43 PM

74 posts, read 131,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhigh View Post
Thank you!! Good to know!

That's not true. If you get called for an intake you have to prove you live at the listed address. 12 months of rent statements or a letter from your landlord. The address may get you an initial intake but if you can't show proof you live there you'll most likely get rejected.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:29 AM

250 posts, read 378,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
That's not true. If you get called for an intake you have to prove you live at the listed address. 12 months of rent statements or a letter from your landlord. The address may get you an initial intake but if you can't show proof you live there you'll most likely get rejected.
You don't need to show 12 months worth of rent it's typically 4-6. Obviously you must prove that you live there.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:01 AM

74 posts, read 131,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari_bella View Post
You don't need to show 12 months worth of rent it's typically 4-6. Obviously you must prove that you live there.
You do need 12 months for 535 Carlton. If you look at the email sent with the intake interview the last line read specifically states 12 months rent receipts confirming payment or a letter from your landlord.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 3,949 times
Hey everybody,

I figure no one would have a concrete answer to this but I thought I'd post it anyway

I was waitlisted during the mass wait listing on 03/03. I had went in the week before in person to check in on my application and was told everything looked great and that I should be contacted about going further within the next month! Obviously, that turned out not to be the case, and haven't heard anything since being waitlisted.

What I'm confused about is the importance of log number. I believe I have a double digit log number, which based on the posts here seems pretty good/rare, but I have no CB preference and I qualified for a lower income bracket that didn't have too many apartments available.

Basically, should I not expect anything from this waitlist even though I appear to have an extremely low log number? Does anyone know if they are done pulling from the waitlist? Also, is there any use in going in person and asking what's going on, after being told my application looked great and I'd be called in for the second round soon, and getting the waitlist email instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery