Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 03:05 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,655,549 times

Advertisements

Just an idle question. I recall his moving out of his Trump building in disdain, and I was very impressed by his "176 Reasons Trump Shouldn't Be President."

176 Reasons Donald Trump Shouldn't Be President | GQ

I always rather liked him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 04:52 PM

546 posts, read 763,854 times
those reasons are not as big deal as Hillary's policies. TRUMP might be an a-hole but has best POLICIES over-shine Hillary's
Vote on policies not personality...

HILLARYs top 5 reasons she should not be president:
1-she wants to legalize 12 million illegals,taking jobs from Americans=less jobs. Illegals will get degrees=even more competition.
2-she wants to bring in 360K more refugees from war-torn countries=a big risk=people might be radicalized=attacks
3-she is a democrat/liberal= look at all Democrat ran cities=bad
4-admitted having poor judgment setting up a unsecure email server,vulnerable to hackers,risking national security
5-Being Bill Clinton's wife, who made laws against African Americans and minorities that sent em away in jail for minor crimes

HILLARY DOESN'T EVEN WEAR A U.S. FLAG PIN=. EVEN CARLY FIORINA DID!
Trump talks bad about women etc.. its irrelevant to running a country/policies.
its like saying a Good Chef is a-hole who has same personality as Trump but makes good cakes/food...its irrelevant

Last edited by nycnyc11209; 09-27-2016 at 05:09 PM..

Old 09-27-2016, 06:07 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,763,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
those reasons are not as big deal as Hillary's policies. TRUMP might be an a-hole but has best POLICIES over-shine Hillary's

1-she wants to legalize 12 million illegals,taking jobs from Americans=less jobs. Illegals will get degrees=even more competition.
2-she wants to bring in 360K more refugees from war-torn countries=a big risk=people might be radicalized=attacks
4-admitted having poor judgment setting up a unsecure email server,vulnerable to hackers,risking national security
5-Being Bill Clinton's wife, who made laws against African Americans and minorities that sent em away in jail for minor crimes

its like saying a Good Chef is a-hole who has same personality as Trump but makes good cakes/food...its irrelevant
I wish folks would stop repeating this myth that cities run by Democrats are somehow "bad." There are Democratic mayors in many good cities in all parts of the country: Portland, Dallas, Houston, San Jose, San Francisco, Indianapolis, Columbus, Seattle, Denver, Boston, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Charlotte, and yes, even New York -- which by historical standards is doing pretty damn good these days.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:21 PM

539 posts, read 523,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I wish folks would stop repeating this myth that cities run by Democrats are somehow "bad." There are Democratic mayors in many good cities in all parts of the country: Portland, Dallas, Houston, San Jose, San Francisco, Indianapolis, Columbus, Seattle, Denver, Boston, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Charlotte, and yes, even New York -- which by historical standards is doing pretty damn good these days.
That guy seems like a jackass, his points are not logical. 2015 the poverty rate hit its lowest point since 1999. That's all you really need to know. The economy is a hell of a lot better than it was when Bush left the office. That's a fact that can be backed up by multiple metrics. But this is America and facts mean jack ****. I mean who wouldn't want to have a beer with old Donald?!?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:32 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,196,138 times
Quote:

Without the labor of undocumented workers, America would collapse. Instead of demonizing the millions of hardworking people trying to provide for their families (after US trade policies like NAFTA made it impossible for them to do so in their home countries due to NAFTAs encouragement of low-wages) why don't you demonize the bosses who jump at the chance to exploit them and pay them inhumane slave wages.

You say they take our jobs? They are not our jobs, they are the bosses jobs and the boss wants to pay me, you and the undocumented worker as little as possible. I have more in common with the undocumented worker than I do with an American boss who just wants to exploit me and rip me off even as I produce everything that is making him rich. Working people need control of our work places. There is no real shortage of labor, only an artificial one. We can use all the labor we can get to fix our roads and infrastructure, build schools and hospitals. However what is important to us is not important to the bosses, they only allow labor if they can profit not based on human needs. The workers struggle has no borders. Besides, over a third of America used to be Mexican territory ... So if you live in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, or Nevada you are the illegal not the Mexican undocumented worker. she/he did not cross the border the border crossed her/him.

As for refugees, I say refugees are welcome here. It is US policy that has caused the destruction of the Middle East and resentment amongst the Arab world. We need an end to the US bombings and interventions as they are what are causing the influx of refugees. When you destroy someone's country with US manufactured and deployed bombs, they have no choice but to become refugees.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:01 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,913,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
I mean who wouldn't want to have a beer with old Donald?!?
Not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but......me. I definitely wouldn't want to share the same air with him, much less socialize. But you know, I'm one of those womenfolk who are irrelevant.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:40 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,655,549 times
Quote:

It's hard for me to take seriously anyone who gets fixated on something as meaningless, superficial, and hypocritical as a flag pin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City