Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:28 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
what is there to protest?

nothing.

more people in america voted for trump, than hilary, again, what is there to protest.

the sore losers didnt like it.

that falls under the catagory of tough
This is the second time I've had to call out your factual inaccuracy, perhaps you didn't see my response the last time you posted. Yes Donald Trump won, but you can't say "more people in america voted for trump", that is factually incorrect. Hillary won the popular vote. A plurality voted for her, while Trump won the electoral college. EDIT: never mind, I see that you responded.

I agree that the protests are stupid. Remember those Wall Street protests?...it's just to make people feel good, doesn't actually do anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 10:32 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve1 View Post
You have a point there. Though I see lots of Muslims in my travels (there's a Mosque at Bedford Ave/Franklin St in Bklyn I pass a lot) and they all look peaceable enough to me.
Yes, obviously most are peaceable. We are all humans after all, and that's how we humans are as a majority. But nevertheless, one is a "muslim" because (at least as an adult) you choose to believe in Islam. Its entirely voluntary. And its an ideology (even if a special ideology called "religion"). Its not like being black, being white, being a woman, being homosexual - all things which are intrinsic to those people, which are genetically determined, which you can't choose not to be. Its voluntary. And its an undeniably sexist and homophobic ideology, both in practice and as written down.

Liberals falling over themselves to defend other's right to have this sexist, homophobic ideology. But when Trump has it..... its unacceptable suddenly.

Be consistent at least.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:59 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Conservatives complained an awful lot both times Obama was elected.
They're still complaining

Last edited by Ruready4Bklyn; 11-10-2016 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-10-2016, 11:02 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
This post election protesting IMO are idiots venting. Trump hasn't done anything yet other than get elected. He marketed, we voted, so lame to protest his victory.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:05 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
I sort of agree with this, but he'll deal with it the way he dealt with his construction projects. He'll hire people to deal with the nitty gritty he doesn't want to. This, by the way, is what all presidents do.

The President basically has three real tasks, appoint people to really run things (and hopefully the right people), make the final decisions that actually do bubble up to his level (which usually have recommendations from the people he appointed), and be the figurehead for the country. From the standpoint of doing the work of the last, he's pretty well suited. He likes seeing himself on TV, and how, he'll be a permanent fixture. In his business, he has a split record on the first. Some of his top people were good, some not so much. And as far as making the hard decisions, I think he can do it. The question is, will he make the right ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I agree he probably will get tired of being the president, I can picture him wanting to play golf all day and being annoyed about having to travel all over the place.

I really wonder what the next 4 years will like, and what the next election will be like. I think the Dems will definitely need to put up a candidate who is more interesting and can't be painted as "crooked". If Bernie wasn't already 75 years old I bet he would run again and have a very good shot of winning.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:14 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This post election protesting IMO are idiots venting. Trump hasn't done anything yet other than get elected. He marketed, we voted, so lame to protest his victory.
I think they dismissed him as unelectable, and now after having ignored the grievances of millions of Americans they somehow feel the need to tell others what they think of him.

It's too late fools, the election is over.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:17 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I think they dismissed him as unelectable, and now after having ignored the grievances of millions of Americans they somehow feel the need to tell others what they think of him.

It's too late fools, the election is over.
I protested. It's called voting for Hillary. I'm done protesting.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:34 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
A lot of these protesters are disgruntled Sanders followers. Throw in some BLM elements and you've got a mix of people that live for protests and civic unrest.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:35 AM

983 posts, read 932,296 times
Nobody ever accused these college freshman 60s wannabe protesters of being logical.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:46 AM

2,272 posts, read 2,222,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
what is there to protest?

nothing.

more people in america voted for trump, than hilary, again, what is there to protest.

the sore losers didnt like it.

that falls under the catagory of tough
This is false. Hillary won the popular vote, but trump won the electoral college. More people in America voted for Hillary than Trump. Trump did win the election fairly though, since it is not decided by popular vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City