Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 09:35 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,054,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Wanting socioeconomic separation even if it harms people and helps create the conditions that damaged you as a child? I doubt all those friends and friends are well off, what happens to them and their children? Having a house in the suburbs doesn't shield you or your children from all problems in life. Nationally overdoses are leading cause of death of people under 50.
Overdoses now leading cause of death of Americans under 50 - CBS News

You need to move on beyond what happened in your childhood and realize there are certainly problems around the nation as a whole.

But back to the moving out of crappy areas, that's the problem perhaps with you and your family. Your family came to the US in search of a better life and you left your neighborhood in search of a better life. The problem is when it comes to sheer numbers MOST people won't be able to do that. Ultimately conditions have to be improved where people live. Moving away is not always the answer. I'm not saying you have to live in a place where you don't want to, but just because you move away doesn't mean that those problems aren't there and they have to be dealt with one way or another at some point by someone.

Trying to trap people back in the same conditions in the old neighborhood goes far beyond being selfish. It's just awful man. Don't be that guy.
Not all my friends are well off or even have white collar kobs. For the ones that "failed" they have to take the blame for it and nobody will get pity because we all know how things were. The pattern that i saw was that whether you're dumb, normal, or above average if you're reckless then you will run into trouble. If you're just normal and above as long as you're not reckless in your behavior you will get out of the poor house. Also i saw a number of people who were able to recover from their recklessness. I mean that's why this country is so great because it gives people multiple opportunities if they're willing to work for it. But for people who don't put in the effort you can vote for whom ever you want you'll still be a failure in the long run.

And it's not trapping, but people can't expect that everything in life is one big charity. People that make more want more because it's only natural. Whats next i need to share my cars because the poor are complaining that having no or shi**y cars places a huge burden on them? Perhaps I need to share my house too because that somehow gives me a huge advantage. And like I said I see it as paying your dues to live poor until you're able to work your way out. People need to be more appretiative of the opportunites given to them in the US. Where else cam you find a govt that spends so much on you. And maybe things are even harder now than 20 years ago due to globalization, but I don't see impossible impediments that's preventing anyone from doing that. One thing I do see as awful are the high rents, I don't know what we would habe done if we had to pay what people are paying now, but that's just reality and either you adapt or keep thinking that you can vote your way out. If anything I see that Mexicans may be the group that can work their way out. In another decade or two they will be the group that controls all these trade skills whether masonry, land scalping, and etc.

Or maybe people can hold out for universal income which I believe is being pushed by the rich not because they're charitable, but because they don't want anything to do with the low IQ, lazy and/or poor whining about giving them opportunities. What better way than to off load that burden to the government.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 06-14-2017 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 10:49 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,052,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
Not all my friends are well off or even have white collar kobs. For the ones that "failed" they have to take the blame for it and nobody will get pity because we all know how things were. The pattern that i saw was that whether you're dumb, normal, or above average if you're reckless then you will run into trouble. If you're just normal and above as long as you're not reckless in your behavior you will get out of the poor house. Also i saw a number of people who were able to recover from their recklessness. I mean that's why this country is so great because it gives people multiple opportunities if they're willing to work for it. But for people who don't put in the effort you can vote for whom ever you want you'll still be a failure in the long run.

And it's not trapping, but people can't expect that everything in life is one big charity. People that make more want more because it's only natural. Whats next i need to share my cars because the poor are complaining that having no or shi**y cars places a huge burden on them? Perhaps I need to share my house too because that somehow gives me a huge advantage. And like I said I see it as paying your dues to live poor until you're able to work your way out. People need to be more appretiative of the opportunites given to them in the US. Where else cam you find a govt that spends so much on you. And maybe things are even harder now than 20 years ago due to globalization, but I don't see impossible impediments that's preventing anyone from doing that. One thing I do see as awful are the high rents, I don't know what we would habe done if we had to pay what people are paying now, but that's just reality and either you adapt or keep thinking that you can vote your way out. If anything I see that Mexicans may be the group that can work their way out. In another decade or two they will be the group that controls all these trade skills whether masonry, land scalping, and etc.

Or maybe people can hold out for universal income which I believe is being pushed by the rich not because they're charitable, but because they don't want anything to do with the low IQ, lazy and/or poor whining about giving them opportunities. What better way than to off load that burden to the government.
So why where you in that situation in the first place? Was it because your parents were "bad"? You want to put all the blame on poor people for being poor, so why were you in the ghetto to begin with?

No one ever said anything about being one big charity, so you can drop that. No one ever said anything about you sharing your house.

I criticized you on wanting to maintain ridiculous levels of segregation in the school system, and justifying it because you were bullied.

Kids should be able to enroll in whatever school they chose to within the district, and the district is city wide.

Any New York City resident directly (if a property owner) or indirectly (if a renter) is paying money towards the property taxes that fund NYC schools, and any parent should have the right to send their kid to whatever school they can get them to.

I never said anything about universal income, or all this other stuff you keep ranting about.

Btw, you're already familiar with being the beneficiary of government programs (free lunch) so familiarize yourself with medicare and social security (which await you in old age) and medicaid (which may await you in old age or your parents if they require nursing home care).

Old 06-14-2017, 10:49 AM

6,698 posts, read 6,075,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
Actually, the average African-American is ~23% Caucasian. Ready for the cool part? The average African-American has a 23% higher IQ than their Sub-Saharan counterparts.

Ain't math and genetics fun?

Just to clarify: IQ isn't 100% heritable but is the single largest contributing factor.
Based on what information? It's ridiculous to compare people in Sub-Sahara to wealthy African Americans living the wealthy "large life" in comparison. Obviously, if one is starving, riddled with disease and having a hard time getting employment, one is not going to perform well on an SAT exam! How ridiculous your comparison!

Why not compare a trailer trash person on meth living in the midwest to Donald Trumps wealthy children?

Old 06-14-2017, 11:01 AM

Speaking of charity, the first charity you benefitted from is being allowed to move to the United States. Some right wingers would have said your parents should have been able to fix their country or that whatever they went through in their nation had nothing to do with the US, and that should have been made to stay home.

Fortunately for you, your parents were ALLOWED to move here, in what is arguably a charitable act.

You benefitted from free lunch, so that's at least one government program that's already helped you, in addition to your parents being allowed to come here.

I think you mentioned graduating from CUNY. CUNY is subsidized by the government so it's cheap, and students can get additional federal and state aid.

You lived in NYC, and have used NYC public transportation, which is subsidized by the government. Oh, and of course you graduated from NYC public schools.

Your whole life you've been getting things subsidized from the government, and you have the nerve to talk some conservative BS.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:22 AM

The nation is in the middle of a massive drug epidemic. Overdoses are now the leading cause of death for people under 50, and this is true whether in urban, suburban, and rural. So taking your kids out to the suburbs doesn't mean they won't be around addicts, etc.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:17 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,054,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The nation is in the middle of a massive drug epidemic. Overdoses are now the leading cause of death for people under 50, and this is true whether in urban, suburban, and rural. So taking your kids out to the suburbs doesn't mean they won't be around addicts, etc.
No one mentioned moving to drug infested towns, but I'll join you.

I think as US Citizens living in large urban areas I propose that we prioritize all affordable housing in NYC for those affected by the drug epidemic in Baltimore. This would be the only right thing to do. As a taxpayer I agree to let NYS and NYC to direct all my taxes to helping the residents of Baltimore directly affect by the drug epidemic. If it's going to charity I'd much rather it actually goes to those who need it most.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 06-14-2017 at 12:50 PM..

Old 06-14-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
No one mentioned moving to drug infested towns, but I'll join you.

I think as US Citizens living in large urban areas I propose that we prioritize all affordable housing in NYC for those affected by the drug epidemic in Baltimore. This would be the only right thing to do. As a taxpayer I agree to let NYS and NYC to direct all my taxes to helping the residents of Baltimore directly affect by the drug epidemic. If it's going to charity I'd much rather it actually goes to those who need it most.
NYC also has record overdoses. It's bad all around for many people. There are issues with the deeper society that need to be fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City