Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 11:18 AM

15,868 posts, read 14,499,255 times

Advertisements

From my standpoint they traded one worthless left wing hack for another. But for the people in what's now her district, this was a pretty stupid move. They would have had a guy who would have been a major player in the house power structure for a neophyte back bencher.

Of course with Trump in the WH and the Republicans running the Senate, the House really can't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has won.... God help us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 12:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,059,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
From my standpoint they traded one worthless left wing hack for another. But for the people in what's now her district, this was a pretty stupid move. They would have had a guy who would have been a major player in the house power structure for a neophyte back bencher.

Of course with Trump in the WH and the Republicans running the Senate, the House really can't do anything.
The reason why Ocasio won is due to the fact that Astoria Queens is full of educated white people from middle America who moved to NYC to find an acting gig. These people are so loaded up with debt from the university. Hearing Ocasio speak was a fresh of breath air to them. Remove college school loans, like yeah with that Valley Accent. You will get my vote. Anything to get Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac to stop calling my iPhone.

I guess Brown University teaches a lot of Cultural Marxism even though its Ivy League. I went to CUNY for 4 years and I did not learn one cent of Cultural Marxism.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:30 PM

37,183 posts, read 39,463,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The reason why Ocasio won is due to the fact that Astoria Queens is full of educated white people from middle America who moved to NYC to find an acting gig. These people are so loaded up with debt from the university. Hearing Ocasio speak was a fresh of breath air to them. Remove college school loans, like yeah with that Valley Accent. You will get my vote. Anything to get Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac to stop calling my iPhone.

I guess Brown University teaches a lot of Cultural Marxism even though its Ivy League. I went to CUNY for 4 years and I did not learn one cent of Cultural Marxism.
Man, you really live in an amazing world up in that head of yours.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Lol. That was just satire. But hardly anyone voted during the pre election primaries.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Don't worry about my head. You should worry about ocasio head.

https://youtu.be/5tAEQKCbgws

Old 11-07-2018, 01:05 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,499,255 times
Or maybe she's more demographically compatible than Crowley for what Queens has become.

Quote:

Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,739,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has won.... God help us!
Congratulations to Maxine Waters of the East. We will be stuck with this Dummy for several generations because no matter how stupid she sounds and how dumb and ignorant she shows herself to be, the people of her district are just as dumb and ignorant. Even worse they are uneducated and will continue to blindly vote for her. Cortez proves that obtaining an ivy league degree isn't that hard to do and having any type of education resulting in a degree doesn't make you a smart person.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,615,423 times
Quote:

Per my Google search the NY 14th Congressional district is nearly 50% Hispanic, 13% live below the poverty line, and about 42% of households earn less than $50,000. Only about a quarter have a bachelors degree or higher. Sorry to burst the narrative but white college kids didn't carry Ocasio to victory.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:13 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,739,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Per my Google search the NY 14th Congressional district is nearly 50% Hispanic, 13% live below the poverty line, and about 42% of households earn less than $50,000. Only about a quarter have a bachelors degree or higher. Sorry to burst the narrative but white college kids didn't carry Ocasio to victory.
Thank you for proofing my point.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
I was talking about the primaries, and not thr general election from yesterday. We spoke about this month's ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City