Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 07:00 AM

343 posts, read 254,708 times

Advertisements

This is Day 1 for me. I am through with it. Lets just eat from grocery stores.

Im tired of all the junk food. The Americanized diet has wrecked our peoples health. Its not just American style food it is also all the ethnic food places they use garbage ingredients and toxic cooking oils and they add MSG and laugh at you in different languages because they know it. Its like a minefield of unhealthy food at almost all levels even a lot of fine dining places skimp on you.

No more delis that over charge you for small portions and they often employ Illegal Immigrants who are criminals. The store owners who employ the criminals from other countries are criminals too just for giving them jobs.

Restaurants use unhealthy oils like vegetable oil and canola oils. They use iodonized salt. Its like all the way down the chain their menu have hidden landmines causing you bad health. All the bread with chemicals. White flour. Processed sugar. Its never ending. Every restaurant sneaks this stuff in. Also when you buy restaurant food you often support criminal immigrants that are employed there.

Lets terminate the political correctness of defending NYC as some utopia of food options. Lets put it behind us. Take a stand. Call these restaurant clowns out on their shadiness. Just because we have cuisine from all around the world does not mean it is any good. Its usually not authentic.

Lets put a stop to these games. Im #1 in line. This is a protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 07:25 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
This is why when I eat out, I always ride out to rest stops on the Jersey turnpike. Not eating in NYC anymore--never again.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:28 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
This is a protest.
Don't kid yourself. Just a troll post.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:30 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,425,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Don't kid yourself. Just a troll post.
Yup, the OP's threads just keep getting better and better.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:56 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Hopefully a ton of people join you so I can get seats at restaurants easier. Statt with Peter Lugar's!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:08 AM

34,100 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
it is also all the ethnic food places they use garbage ingredients and toxic cooking oils and they add MSG and laugh at you in different languages because they know it.
Can you expand on this?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-05-2017, 08:43 AM

Sure I am going to be called a troll but I am going to stick to my guns on this issue.

I would like to see restaurants that earn a certification stamp on their front entrance with an American flag of sorts. An emblem issued by the city government, after inspection, that certifies there are no illegals working in the establishment.

Also in many cases I would recommend eating at giant corporations like Chipotle because unlike most family owned establishments in NYC, the big corporations are not hiring any illegal immigrants.

It comes down to the entire transaction of purchasing food, not just the product but the people behind preparing it and delivering service matters too. Also this includes family owned places that accept cash-only and dodge paying taxes.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Can you expand on this?
Vegetable based oils are not good for our health. Has anybody ever noticed lately, like 70% of people in the USA are overweight, obese? Cmon already. People stand up and get some balls and say it like it is. Ignore the people who call you a "troll" for challenging this destruction. Something can be done if enough people speak up. Ignore the people who call you "trolls" for being real.

And food additives like MSG should be an illegal drug. It is not even a food it is a chemical that is addictive and destructive to health. It should be a requirement for any restaurant to state that MSG is in the food and an example is Chinese who add it in to hook customers and make them addicts. Literally food can be tested for MSG and it would easy to confirm any restaurants using those drugs in their products.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:07 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
They use iodonized salt. Its like all the way down the chain their menu have hidden landmines causing you bad health.
lol you can't be serious. Buddy get back on your meds or it's not going to end well

Old 09-05-2017, 09:26 AM

34,100 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Vegetable based oils are not good for our health. Has anybody ever noticed lately, like 70% of people in the USA are overweight, obese? Cmon already. People stand up and get some balls and say it like it is. Ignore the people who call you a "troll" for challenging this destruction. Something can be done if enough people speak up. Ignore the people who call you "trolls" for being real.

And food additives like MSG should be an illegal drug. It is not even a food it is a chemical that is addictive and destructive to health. It should be a requirement for any restaurant to state that MSG is in the food and an example is Chinese who add it in to hook customers and make them addicts. Literally food can be tested for MSG and it would easy to confirm any restaurants using those drugs in their products.
Not quite what I was looking for in your response. I was hoping you would respond with personal experiences of restaurants that you've been to that use toxic cooking oils and MSG, and talked rudely about you in another language behind your back. If you're not a troll, why not share your experiences so that I, or others don't stumble into one of these establishments blindly.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City