Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 07:32 AM

30 posts, read 49,358 times

Advertisements

afewquestions---just an FYI they will definitely make you re-verify your income and if your income or job has changed at all, you'll have to resubmit almost all your documents again. That is what happened to me, and I asked to withdraw.

This process has dragged on for so long and I thought it would just be a matter of running my credit check and signing the lease, but every email was more documentation and finally they asked me to resubmit my bank statements, 401k everything and I had enough. I was on the fence and that pushed me over. I qualified for 165% and that just doesn't seem like a housing lottery deal to me.

I hope the apartment I qualified for goes to someone else on this community page!

I just want to thank everyone who has been so helpful to me on this page. For months, I looked forward to checking this page and being engaged in the community we developed here. I hope you all get the apartments you want, in this housing lottery or the next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 05:23 PM

133 posts, read 180,126 times
Anyone from the 50 Ami has been contacted

Old 08-28-2018, 05:38 PM

17 posts, read 24,653 times
thanks @nativebagel for the feedback. I was asked for new bank statements right after my credit was checked and right before they sent my file off to the city. So I was thinking that would be end of submitting documents. But since that was a few months ago, like you said, I'll prob be back at square one whenever they finally contact me.

I certainly understand wanting to drop out of this whole thing with Alvista. I'm almost there with it too. The process just seems to lack any real direction or transparency.

But ultimately I have hope that all of us will eventually land in whatever building/property we're meant to be in. Wishing you all the best!!

Old 08-29-2018, 07:38 AM

39 posts, read 51,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenken93 View Post
Anyone from the 50 Ami has been contacted
Nopeeeee

Old 08-29-2018, 01:42 PM

17 posts, read 24,257 times
I heard back on 08/14. I was asked to resubmit paystub's, sign new forms and get a notarized letter. They also wanted a notarized letter explaining cash deposits like, zelle payments, szu szu monies. All deposits other than my regular paycheck. They also saw a 3rd bank account on my paystub and wanted statements for that. This email was sent to me the last day prior to going on Vacation. Everything was due on the 21st of August. I was still scheduled to be on Vacation so I asked them to put me back on the waiting list at a lower AIM. So pretty much I wasted my time on this one..

Old 08-29-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolie1806 View Post
I heard back on 08/14. I was asked to resubmit paystub's, sign new forms and get a notarized letter. They also wanted a notarized letter explaining cash deposits like, zelle payments, szu szu monies. All deposits other than my regular paycheck. They also saw a 3rd bank account on my paystub and wanted statements for that. This email was sent to me the last day prior to going on Vacation. Everything was due on the 21st of August. I was still scheduled to be on Vacation so I asked them to put me back on the waiting list at a lower AIM. So pretty much I wasted my time on this one..
Hey! Did they ask for you to resubmit before sending your files off to the city? Or had they already sent your files off to the city some time ago?

Old 08-29-2018, 09:18 PM

17 posts, read 24,257 times
They asked me to resubmit because they were ready to send my file to the city.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:12 AM

133 posts, read 180,126 times
Anyone from the 59 ami or 60 ami has got a credit pull

Old 08-30-2018, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,029 times
Hey guys,
I also applied for Alvista Towers.
My log # is in the 7,000's.
My interview was in May.
Today, I received (in check form) the $25 fee for the background check.
Anyone else experience this??
TIA

Old 08-30-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallHer.Sassy View Post
Hey guys,
I also applied for Alvista Towers.
My log # is in the 7,000's.
My interview was in May.
Today, I received (in check form) the $25 fee for the background check.
Anyone else experience this??
TIA
Hmmm ... all the apartments must be filled (even if they haven't notified everyone yet) plus a full waitlist. That's the only reason I can imagine that they're returning application fees at this point. if there's no apartments left, they can't really hold on to your money (as per the city's rules).

Good thing they returned your money without you having to ask for it. For another property I applied to (VIA57West / Wavecrest Management), I had to call multiple people to have my money order returned. Wavecrest is horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery