Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 12:59 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times

Advertisements

Do any of the lottery-heads here who have won living in luxury buildings get the stink eye from their market rate tenants? that is what most perturbs me, I would hate to have the rich yunnies throwing shade in the elevators and stuff. I'm sure it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 01:18 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
What exactly does that mean, "I have no words." If you had an opinion, go ahead.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:21 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Do any of the lottery-heads here who have won living in luxury buildings get the stink eye from their market rate tenants? that is what most perturbs me, I would hate to have the rich yunnies throwing shade in the elevators and stuff. I'm sure it happens.
Ni need to worry as long as the developers build a separate poor people's entrance and elevators

Old 11-05-2017, 02:18 PM

85 posts, read 154,212 times
Quote:
It depends on the building. I worked in a building that was 80/20 and no one had any idea what anyone else was paying. Everyone had access to the amenities (which were done through a separate monthly charge) and there were no 'poor doors' - which have now been deemed illegal.

Instead of separate doors for the low/mid income tenants, Extell seemed to take it one step further with the development they are doing down on Cherry Street next to the manhattan bridge - they built a separate BUILDING for the 20% .. lmao

But in short, to answer your question, it's most likely a NO. Everyone's using the same entrances, same elevators, and following the same sets of building rules and regulations (unless you're in a separate building all together)

Old 11-05-2017, 02:21 PM

85 posts, read 154,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
If market rate is $3,000+ than $2170 is a steal. Furthermore, that apartment is a rent stabilized apartment not subject to market rate increases. Last time I checked, 30% off, is a deal. Anywhere. On anything.

OK. Yes, I'm with you in spirit. When you break it down like that, it's a great deal. Especially the regulated lease not subject to market rate increase. I really just didn't think that the market rate for a 1 bed, new build or not, in that area of BK was going to be $3000+ dollars. I just used to think I had a good grasp on what was going on with the rental market, too. I had no idea.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:30 PM

Ni need to worry as long as the developers build a separate poor people's entrance and elevators

but they dont even really do that anymore, and even if they do who the hell cares? I'd pay 1/2 in rent in order to go thru a side door. Why does it matter? Sorry, but rich people don't like scrubbing skin with poor peoples' friends and fam how is this news!?!? If I won a low income apt in a high rise lux building i would NOT want to ride the same elevators with those rich a-hols anyway. Only low income people who want to do that are the types that want to make it seem like they are RICH and making it. f that. i'd rather not deal with both of those kinds of people. the rich cuz they are rich and the lottery scrubs who think they are all of a sudden rich (they must be the WORST to deal with).

Old 11-05-2017, 02:32 PM

I would also NEVER in a million years pay market rent in a building that catered to 60%-ers. No way, no how. Yeah the ones in the income bracket are young pretty rich things, but in reality, the true 60%'rs are families and single moms and ghetto as hell. no way

Old 11-07-2017, 10:45 PM

195 posts, read 429,883 times
Quote:
I would also NEVER in a million years pay market rent in a building that catered to 60%-ers. No way, no how. Yeah the ones in the income bracket are young pretty rich things, but in reality, the true 60%'rs are families and single moms and ghetto as hell. no way
Imagine if developments required individuals to take a course on how to be "More civilized" aka "less ghetto" before you sign the contract... haha.. I don't mind "ghetto" as long as they keep the music, noise down and environment clean.. The unfortunate part is that this a lot to ask for....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City