Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 12:36 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,209 times

Advertisements

quote:
If they squish, I stand up immediately. I dont put up with that move.

But then they WON and will continue with their antisocial behavior. The proper way to handle a situation is to say, Sir or Madam you are too large to fit there. Depending on the person you said it to you will see them get embarrassed and turn red or take out a knife and stab you. I guess it's part of the game in the end. I'd love to get stabbed on the subway just to sue for just enough money that I could move out of this s--t hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 12:38 PM

And you have to mention the are too large in a loud voice so others hear you.

SHAME THEM!

Old 11-18-2017, 12:46 PM

343 posts, read 254,467 times
No, if they squish, I stand up and move away from them. Im not going to risk getting stabbed by an MTA employee, and not anybody for that matter.

Im not a lawyer but suing people in NYC is a big deal. Even if its a small lawsuit, if you sue somebody in Manhattan, its like you're suing the whole world.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:50 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
I got on my usual E train at Penn Station, it was reasonably crowded. Then this tough guy similar to the guy in this news with a back pack stepped in. He squeezed himself through and got to a pole and then tried to spread his arms with the back pack in his hand to make room for himself so that people give him more space. Most people glanced at him but didn't care because there are in suits and work clothes they don't have time for a jerk like him. This is the type of guy that probably already have run-ins with the law with this kind of attitude.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:51 PM

Really? So you're just going to give your seat up because an elephant decided sit next to you? grow a pair

Old 11-18-2017, 12:56 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Really? So you're just going to give your seat up because an elephant decided sit next to you? grow a pair
I don't think it's worth fighting or put up a fight with people who act like they have nothing to lose. Why have a fight with them. I have somewhere to go and they have a date with karma.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:07 PM

No such thing as Karma. They won that seat and you didn't.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:08 PM

In fact Karma usually equals free housing, food, and utilities. I'll be damned SURE that as long as I pay taxes to support their pathetic lifestyles they won't be stealing a subway seat from me.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:11 PM

And i've scooped homeless sleepers off subways seats before so I can sit. Sorry, I am not afraid of catching cooties versus allowing it to continue. I shake myself off and inspect my person for bedbugs each and every subway ride as most people should.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:23 PM

36 posts, read 71,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
If they squish, I stand up immediately. I dont put up with that move.

I tend to scope out crazies from a mile away. And sometimes you can't tell if someones off because they can look normal. But if someone sitting next to me and they begin pressing up on me, opening their legs even wider its my cue to move. I try to be patient on the train because you never know with people. They can go from 0-100 in a hot second. However there have been moments where im so tempted to ask a man (if he doesnt look crazy), VERY VERY politely to provide room or say excuses me.
I also don't like corner seats on the train either. I prefer the seats more in the middle of the car and not right by the door. He apologized afterwards so I guess he regretted his temper and actions. But to me this could have been avoided. You can't argue with crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City