Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 03:14 PM

377 posts, read 509,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Catholics are morons, Christians are morons, Muslins are morons, Scientologists are morons.

Religions are for those who fear death and are willing to pay people to mesmerize them into complacency.
Just want to point out that Catholics are Christians. What about Jews and Buddhists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 04:34 PM

198 posts, read 119,304 times
Life did come from somewhere; but then so did "god", if he/she/it exists. But from where? Not sure why we assume there's only one god, there could be 13 1/2 of them.

I also think it's silly to believe in the religion your parents believe in; what if they got it wrong?

Old 12-14-2017, 05:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
Just want to point out that Catholics are Christians. What about Jews and Buddhists?
If you say the word Jew, Pruzhany will magically show up and might label you as an anti-Semite. You cant say that comment about Jews, you will be in big trouble! Jews faced 3000 years of persecution from Egyptians, Babylonians, Persians and their heavy taxes, Greeks who wanted Jews to Hellenize and place high levee taxes, the Romans who wanted high levee taxes, Byzantines and levee taxes on Jews, the Catholic Crusader Kingdom based in Jerusalem, and Catholic states in Europe, Spanish Empire with the inquisition and expelling the Jews, Portugal performed a similar act, Russian Empire, Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, Independent Arab Republican States, Communist Cuba, and even North Korea. These states persecuted Jews, thus therefore saying anything bad about them, or even in a joking matter will get you in trouble!

As for Buddhists? Besides frequent issues with Muslims and Communists. I'm not sure if we should call Buddhists morons. But don't say that about Jews! Don't say anything!

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 12-14-2017 at 05:12 PM..

Old 12-14-2017, 07:14 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbSABWJiJc

Old 12-14-2017, 08:25 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As for Buddhists?
No saints either, the Buddhists in Myanmar are genocidal slaughtering thousands

Old 12-14-2017, 09:25 PM

377 posts, read 509,483 times
"If you say the word Jew, Pruzhany will magically show up and might label you as an anti-Semite."

I don't know what/who Pruzhany is and I know I am not anti-Semite. I was simply trying to point out that the poster was discriminating by leaving out the other religions. That is all I was trying to express.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:30 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post

Don't tell that to a Southern fundamentalist bible thumper.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Historically the United States has always been anti Catholic. Much of the US anti Catholic sentiment comes from much of colonial America where majority of its residents were protestants and founded Protestant societies like quakers, puritans. Than after that you had the great awakening which saw the creation and expansion of more Protestant denominations in America. The US encountered Catholics not only be immigration, but encroachment to forner Spanish Mexican and French holdings, since Spanish French and Mexicans are culturally staunch Catholics. From my perspective, thier will be another black president, but I highly doubt their will be another Catholic president for this country. Protestants both white and black are bigoted anti Catholics.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:26 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Depends on the neighborhood. Any neighborhood that consists of many Europeans, Latinos, or Asians aren't. Neighborhoods with high concentration of Middle American transplants are. But they are hypocrites as they would still consider it to be 2017.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:29 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Catholics are morons, Christians are morons, Muslins are morons, Scientologists are morons.

Religions are for those who fear death and are willing to pay people to mesmerize them into complacency.
We are all morons, including yourself. We are just objects whether you have faith or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City