Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 05:46 AM

25,392 posts, read 37,139,204 times

Advertisements

We went often t the Conservatory Gardens and to the Museum of the City of New York, walking from Third to Fifth, perfectly fine, even cutting through one of the NYCHA complex. We usually walked 104th or 105th.

Congratulations, shady, you may have hit the jackpot. And if that walk to the subway gets tedious, you have a passel of Fifth Avenue buses and even the M106 at your doorstep to get you to the West Side (across 96th.)

Arrange for your insurance plan to be with Mount Sinai and you will have a staff of world class medical professionals at your beck and call almost in your lobby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 05:50 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,691,105 times
Unfortunately I know Mount Sinai all too well. My mom was there for quite some time before she ultimately passed away there. That's why I've walked through the area a LOT during the day (we also would walk through a NYCHA complex). The hospital itself is beautiful and definitely excellent.

Is the general area in the vicinity safe? Coming from Queens I have no problems with diverse neighbors or lively atmospheres during the summer. I just want to be able to not worry about my safety.

How are you holding up, Kefir?

Old 01-21-2019, 05:52 AM

Also, I wonder about the buildings themselves! What do they look like inside? I wonder about the floorplans! That helpful Columbia website doesn't have any. Any of the sleuths on this forum care to help me look?

Old 01-21-2019, 10:17 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,041,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Also, I wonder about the buildings themselves! What do they look like inside? I wonder about the floorplans! That helpful Columbia website doesn't have any. Any of the sleuths on this forum care to help me look?
My grandparents lived in a one bedroom apartment there when the complex first opened in the late 70s. It was a small apartment, with a smail kitchen separated by a pass through from the living room. It was a great improvement from the tenement where they used to live though I work nearby there now and pass by it sometimes - grounds are not great (such as they are) and you sometimes have some pot smoking outside under the building. Lobbies still look well maintained.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:54 AM

I always smell pot in my current ML, lol! It doesn't bother me. Maybe it will remind me of home! Haha.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately I know Mount Sinai all too well. My mom was there for quite some time before she ultimately passed away there. That's why I've walked through the area a LOT during the day (we also would walk through a NYCHA complex). The hospital itself is beautiful and definitely excellent.

Is the general area in the vicinity safe? Coming from Queens I have no problems with diverse neighbors or lively atmospheres during the summer. I just want to be able to not worry about my safety.

How are you holding up, Kefir?

First things first, I am NOT holding up at all. This kind of mourning is not for human beings. Mating for life means what it says. Half of me has died.

Honestly If we had been offered Lakeview instead of Ruppert, we'd have taken it. You should, even if there is going to be some disquiet with the landlord. Sounds like landlords took a pile of public money to back off for quite a while.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:12 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. My parents were married for 36 years when she died and I saw it break my dad. If you ever want a shoulder to cry on, I am here. Hug.

On a lighter note, why would you have picked Lakeview over Ruppert?

Old 01-21-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss. My parents were married for 36 years when she died and I saw it break my dad. If you ever want a shoulder to cry on, I am here. Hug.

On a lighter note, why would you have picked Lakeview over Ruppert?

I didn't exactly say that. I said had we been offered Lakeview INSTEASD of Ruppert, we'd have taken Lakeview.

But don't get me wrong, Ruppert is quite the Jewel in the Crown.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:30 PM

Ahhh, you’re right. Well, good to know! I am assuming with a log of 88 it will be maybe two or three years.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:54 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,917,234 times
Quote:
Noted. But how is it from 106-107?

how far is what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery