Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 11:17 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
In another thread you said SE Queens was predominantly muti family homes and so congested. You clearly know very little about the area apart from the same route you frequent.
I did not say it was congested, and I conceded a long time ago that Rosedale had more single family houses than I thought.

And what does that even have to do with the post you quoted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 11:21 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,401,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Interactive map of every NYC neighborhood borders including Southeast Queens

Just sharing

locality.nyc - exploring the neighborhoods of New York City
Central ave and Wheatley Ave also. The change hits you almost instantly. The building at the corner is nice and literally down the block from a ghetto looking apartment complex and ugly old tenament buildings across from it and boom you end up in run down looking Mott Ave!

Property taxes at work lol!

Technically that’s not the boarder but it’s close to the boarder and that intersection does an automatic shift!

Last edited by BrooklynJo; 04-03-2018 at 11:32 PM..

Old 04-03-2018, 11:29 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I never said that Far Rock was all high rises, though. I just said that it's an urban neighborhood and I think that by most metrics it is urban.

Also, the Redfern houses border Long Island, I think they might hold the distinction of being the projects closest to city limits
Meaning you know nothing about the neighborhood, and Redfern does not border Nassau. There's a whole section of the neighborhood full of single family homes in Far Rockaway. Those people generally DRIVE to work and live very suburban lives.

BrooklynJo just explained to you, and yet because you don't like to admit you're wrong about things you know nothing about, you continue to argue nonsensically.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Central ave and Wheatley Ave also. The change hits you almost instantly. The building at the corner is nice and literally down the block from a ghetto looking apartment complex and ugly old tenament buildings across from it and boom you end up in run down looking Mott Ave!

Property taxes at work lol!
LOL. The Mott Avenue area is getting redeveloped and has just been rezoned. Major construction all over the Rockaways.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:35 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,401,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
LOL. The Mott Avenue area is getting redeveloped and has just been rezoned. Major construction all over the Rockaways.
Thank god because I did a few outreach efforts there for the DOT and my co workers felt like they went back in time walking through Mott Ave.

I’m hoping to see nice restaurants there too because it’s a desert!

Old 04-03-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Meaning you know nothing about the neighborhood, and Redfern does not border Nassau. There's a whole section of the neighborhood full of single family homes in Far Rockaway. Those people generally DRIVE to work and live very suburban lives.

BrooklynJo just explained to you, and yet because you don't like to admit you're wrong about things you know nothing about, you continue to argue nonsensically.
Redfern doesn't border Nassau? It looks very, very close to the Nassau border so that counts as bordering it to me even if it doesn't touch it.

Far Rockaway is as dense as San Francisco, somewhere that is undeniably urban. It has subway access and many apartment buildings. I NEVER said there weren't single family homes there, but just because there are single family homes there does not mean the neighborhood as a whole is not urban. Same thing with cars, as many people drive even in Manhattan.

BrooklynJo and I never even argued in this thread so I don't know what you're talking about. I think you just like to be contrarian on as many issues as possible.

EDIT: I just looked on Google Maps and the Redfern complex definitely borders Inwood like I thought

Last edited by l1995; 04-03-2018 at 11:48 PM..

Old 04-04-2018, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Redfern doesn't border Nassau? It looks very, very close to the Nassau border so that counts as bordering it to me even if it doesn't touch it.

Far Rockaway is as dense as San Francisco, somewhere that is undeniably urban. It has subway access and many apartment buildings. I NEVER said there weren't single family homes there, but just because there are single family homes there does not mean the neighborhood as a whole is not urban. Same thing with cars, as many people drive even in Manhattan.

BrooklynJo and I never even argued in this thread so I don't know what you're talking about. I think you just like to be contrarian on as many issues as possible.

EDIT: I just looked on Google Maps and the Redfern complex definitely borders Inwood like I thought
Dude, DROP it. Stop arguing about things you don't even know about.

I'm not being contrarian. All the people who know Eastern Queens have been agreeing with me. You're the one presenting COMPLETELY FALSE and INACCURATE information about Eastern Queens, which is the only reason why I responded.

Proof Far Rockaway is as dense as San Francisco, btw?

Between the A train station on Mott and the inlet separating Nassau and Queens, you mostly have single family homes (there are apartment buildings and Redfern is close to the train station). I lived there and I know it. BrooklynJo just described that area, and other people have been describing it.

I get you don't really know Queens or NYC that well, outside of a few places you go to hang out at bars or work. But don't pretend to know or argue on things you know nothing about.

You're being ridiculously defensive and contrarian when you can just admit either you don't know or you are WRONG.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Thank god because I did a few outreach efforts there for the DOT and my co workers felt like they went back in time walking through Mott Ave.

I’m hoping to see nice restaurants there too because it’s a desert!
Rita Stark died and her brother and nephew agreed to sell out the Far Rockaway shopping plaza. So those mostly empty stores and shopping lot will get developed. Stark held a bunch of properties in Far Rockaway and Jamaica that she would never sell or get developed. Now that she is dead her brother and nephew are cashing in.

https://www.amny.com/real-estate/far...age-1.17162463

And more for the developments to downtown Far Rockaway, especially the Shopping Center.

https://citylimits.org/2018/03/22/ca...-displacement/

Old 04-04-2018, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Dude, DROP it. Stop arguing about things you don't even know about.

I'm not being contrarian. All the people who know Eastern Queens have been agreeing with me. You're the one presenting COMPLETELY FALSE and INACCURATE information about Eastern Queens, which is the only reason why I responded.

Proof Far Rockaway is as dense as San Francisco, btw?

Between the A train station on Mott and the inlet separating Nassau and Queens, you mostly have single family homes (there are apartment buildings and Redfern is close to the train station). I lived there and I know it. BrooklynJo just described that area, and other people have been describing it.

I get you don't really know Queens or NYC that well, outside of a few places you go to hang out at bars or work. But don't pretend to know or argue on things you know nothing about.

You're being ridiculously defensive and contrarian when you can just admit either you don't know or you are WRONG.
Goddamn you're annoying, I NEVER said that the area has no single family houses, I said that Far Rockaway is urban overall, which for US standards it definitely is. The presence of single family homes does not necessarily make a neighborhood suburban, especially not when the neighborhood has many apartment buildings as well.

You're acting like I think I'm an expert of Far Rockaway when I never mentioned it in the first place. I'm not sure why you're talking about development in Jamaica and Far Rockaway when that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic. I think you have this tactic where you like to start arguments about points I'm not trying to make, for the sake of being argumentative.

Here's proof that it's about as dense as San Francisco (SF is slightly denser but they're close)

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...ckaway-NY.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/San-Fr...alifornia.html

And you were wrong about Redfern not bordering Nassau, look on Google Maps for yourself.

When I have been wrong I've gladly conceded, but you haven't proved me wrong on anything here. Saying "you don't really know about NYC" is not a real argument no matter how many times you tell me or anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City