Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 08:51 AM

954 posts, read 932,592 times

Advertisements

Waiting patiently for log numbers as I live in the neighborhood...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 06:27 AM

994 posts, read 1,056,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Waiting patiently for log numbers as I live in the neighborhood...
No CB preference Good area? Have you seen the building?

Old 12-11-2018, 01:00 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
I got called for an interview and actually submitted paperwork for this building! Not sure if I will take it if formally offered but the rent is a little lower than what I usually get called for and just within the top end of my affordability range, with great amenities, so I decided to go through the process. This and 33 Lincoln Road are essentially one in the same, the buildings are linked and it looks like one would usually enter through 33 Lincoln. I like that there is a very good supermarket at the base of 33 Lincoln, with a cafe and restaurants on the block, and that the Q subway is right next door. The neighborhood is definitely going through some transitions. I will make a decision if/when I actually see an apartment...

Old 03-05-2019, 09:08 AM

3 posts, read 3,198 times
I've got an interview for 510 Flatbush then got another notice for 31-33 Lincoln Road. I emailed them to ask if I had to go to both interviews since the requirements are the same and it's the same building. They're trying to tell me that I need to do both which seems....insane.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:15 AM

I don't know why they had separate lotteries for this project, they are the same really. I would say just do double copies, and try to make the interview back to back, it is less an interview and more handing in the paperwork and signing a ton of forms - Wavecrest (which is only doing the processing and is not the managing agency for the building) is a bit by the numbers...if you do want to go through the process for both sides you will have to sign double the papers.

I only got called for 510 Flatbush, had my interview December 10, had a back and forth flurry of updating paperwork the last week of January, got notice I was approved for a studio on Valentine's Day, saw the apartment the next day and signed the lease last week...I am moving in by the end of the month.

Last edited by popartist; 03-05-2019 at 10:40 AM..

Old 03-05-2019, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 3,198 times
Thanks, and congratulations!

We are trying for a 1 bedroom—have 510 Flatbush interview this Friday and then I've scheduled another one for 31-33 Lincoln in a few weeks. Was I'm going to try and get more info and see if it is worth our time to do the process twice.

How's the building? I've only seen the inside and pictures online, but seems pretty nice...

Old 03-05-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brcw View Post
Thanks, and congratulations!

We are trying for a 1 bedroom—have 510 Flatbush interview this Friday and then I've scheduled another one for 31-33 Lincoln in a few weeks. Was I'm going to try and get more info and see if it is worth our time to do the process twice.

How's the building? I've only seen the inside and pictures online, but seems pretty nice...
Building is pretty nice. They had given me the choice of a studio or a 1 bed but the rent on the 1 bed was too much for my budget. The roof deck and fitness center are even better than the photos!

They are having frequent open houses for the market apartments, maybe bring a friend/loved one and try to get a sneak peek that way?

Old 04-17-2019, 12:44 PM

5 posts, read 5,904 times
Hi everyone! Anyone sign a lease here? -- How's the building and the neighborhood?

Old 04-17-2019, 12:58 PM

Read my posts above - I did and moved in at the end of last month, and am enjoying it. Building staff seem pretty helpful and responsive although the management office seems a bit in disarray sometimes. The roof and courtyard are very nice as is the fitness center. May not be as glitzy as some of the downtown Brooklyn and Manhattan new buildings but it's cool. The grocery downstairs from 33 Lincoln is very nice. There is a bar/restaurant a few doors down from 510 on Flatbush that sometimes has comedy shows and bands, a cafe with good sandwiches and soups on the Lincoln side as well as a decent Mexican restaurant. Prospect Lefferts is definitely on the gentrification track and overall I feel secure, but it's definitely not completely sanitized. The immediate block brings out all the neighborhood hipsters though, especially on weekends now. There is some kind of transitional housing next door to 510 and you sometimes see the residents sitting on the steps of their building, but so far they do not seem to be a problem - I tend to use the 33 Lincoln entrance anyway since it is next to the subway and supermarket.

Old 04-17-2019, 02:18 PM

5 posts, read 5,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Read my posts above - I did and moved in at the end of last month, and am enjoying it. Building staff seem pretty helpful and responsive although the management office seems a bit in disarray sometimes. The roof and courtyard are very nice as is the fitness center. May not be as glitzy as some of the downtown Brooklyn and Manhattan new buildings but it's cool. The grocery downstairs from 33 Lincoln is very nice. There is a bar/restaurant a few doors down from 510 on Flatbush that sometimes has comedy shows and bands, a cafe with good sandwiches and soups on the Lincoln side as well as a decent Mexican restaurant. Prospect Lefferts is definitely on the gentrification track and overall I feel secure, but it's definitely not completely sanitized. The immediate block brings out all the neighborhood hipsters though, especially on weekends now. There is some kind of transitional housing next door to 510 and you sometimes see the residents sitting on the steps of their building, but so far they do not seem to be a problem - I tend to use the 33 Lincoln entrance anyway since it is next to the subway and supermarket.
Nice! Thanks for the info. Glad you are enjoying it.

Did you get to pick your studio or was one already assigned? How are the residents in the building? (professionals/older people/hipsters/a mix?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City