Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM

766 posts, read 507,820 times

Advertisements

They are letting go of a lot of property in nyc. Who exactly is getting all this money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 02:31 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Really?! I thought they stopped all that. Ringing doorbells that is. See plenty of them in kiosks near the subway entrances peddling their ware.
In the hood they're still out

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-24-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Every F-ing week they come. I tried being nice, I tried a sign, I tired answering the door almost naked. They won't leave me the F-alone.
LMAO

It's funny but its not at the same time

Old 06-24-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
They are letting go of a lot of property in nyc. Who exactly is getting all this money?
Good question since it was exempt from property taxes.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:12 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,068,392 times
Quote:
All I know is I'm sick of the JW ringing my door bell every week.
As an ex JW, I feel your pain. I hated ringing doorbells when growing up.

Now when they or Mormons ring my doorbell, I answer in my underwear and say "hey, I'm glad you guys showed up. I was just about to do nude yoga poses and I could use the company." They disapper faster than a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:03 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post

Now when they or Mormons ring my doorbell, I answer in my underwear and say "hey, I'm glad you guys showed up. I was just about to do nude yoga poses and I could use the company." They disapper faster than a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
Why didn't that work for me

Yesterday I saw one of the guys in the elevator, I said can you please tell your other people who come to this building to stop ringing my bell. If they ring it one more time I will open the door butt naked since half naked didn't get them to stop. So I guess to be continued....

The ironic thing is they are trying to get people to go to NJ to worship with them. Who'd go that far for a religious service or whatever they call it.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Why didn't that work for me

Yesterday I saw one of the guys in the elevator, I said can you please tell your other people who come to this building to stop ringing my bell. If they ring it one more time I will open the door butt naked since half naked didn't get them to stop. So I guess to be continued....

The ironic thing is they are trying to get people to go to NJ to worship with them. Who'd go that far for a religious service or whatever they call it.
Really? smh.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:07 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post

Same as the Catholic church, funds go right into JW's back pocket.

For the record yes, JW are selling off quite a lot of property, and making bank. They are doing so in an reorganization move and consolidating things property upstate.

Back in the day when JW moved/expanded in that part of Brooklyn it was mostly industrial and or otherwise not very high real estate value. Fast forward to now they are sitting on a vast amount of capital gains.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:36 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post

Oh, aren't you cute. That must really make you feel like a class-act human being.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-24-2018 at 06:49 PM..

Old 06-24-2018, 06:53 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Oh, aren't you cute. That must really make you feel like a class-act human being.
He's just giving back what he gets. Ringing someones doorbell every week isn't a classy person either.
In fact in NYC its tres passing. Not to mention rude and unwanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: