Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:44 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times

Advertisements

OP is apparently from Pittsburgh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 03:14 PM

283 posts, read 233,578 times
i doubt there are too many frightened looking young white girls walking around washington heights past midnight. probably a bit of a novelty really

Old 07-05-2018, 03:31 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,096 times
Every year another White girl is born in the Midwest and 18 years later thinks she can come over to the big apple and come home late at night and not get potentially accosted by low lives

What in that brain of yours said it was a good idea to come home late at night in a neighborhood you've never lived in, have no friends in and have no clue about?

Jesus christ, you kids have the internet on your phones and act like you are completely helpless. No common sense and can't use the tools you've been given. And you're traveling and don't plan on bringing a charging pack or your charger and strategically pick places to hang out where you can charge your phone?

Wake up - The next time you do this you can be snatched right off the street and your precious mommy and daddy will NEVER see you again. And since your phone was dead your last location will be the bar or other establishment you were at. They'll find your body somewhere in Paterson, NJ in the woods.

No - I am not trying to spook you but keep playing around like you can't tell left from right and you're gonna regret it.

As a Woman traveling especially at night you need to be smarter. I wouldn't even do what you did and I am a 6'0 200lb mean looking Black Man. Plan ahead, user Uber and for god's sake use your head.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:43 PM

283 posts, read 233,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
Every year another White girl is born in the Midwest and 18 years later thinks she can come over to the big apple and come home late at night and not get potentially accosted by low lives

What in that brain of yours said it was a good idea to come home late at night in a neighborhood you've never lived in, have no friends in and have no clue about?
in a most white neighborhoods they would have been fine

they're sheltered.
not that washington heights is that terrible but it's probably not an ideal place for a small woman who looks out of place and is visibly scared after midnight

(nor is it an ideal place for a mean looking 200 lb black man)

basically, regardless of who you are, just stick to safe neighborhoods or uber after a certain hour

Old 07-05-2018, 04:08 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times
Quote:

Jesus christ, you kids have the internet on your phones and act like you are completely helpless. No common sense and can't use the tools you've been given. And you're traveling and don't plan on bringing a charging pack or your charger and strategically pick places to hang out where you can charge your phone?

Wake up - The next time you do this you can be snatched right off the street and your precious mommy and daddy will NEVER see you again. And since your phone was dead your last location will be the bar or other establishment you were at. They'll find your body somewhere in Paterson, NJ in the woods.

No - I am not trying to spook you but keep playing around like you can't tell left from right and you're gonna regret it.

As a Woman traveling especially at night you need to be smarter. I wouldn't even do what you did and I am a 6'0 200lb mean looking Black Man. Plan ahead, user Uber and for god's sake use your head.
*Stands, cigar jutting from corner of mouth, and begins slow clap which rises into a crescendo of applause as others rise and join him*

Old 07-05-2018, 06:05 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
LMFAO @ "gang looking guys"

Old 07-05-2018, 06:52 PM

34,015 posts, read 47,240,427 times
I'ma just be quiet

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-05-2018, 07:24 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
LMFAO @ "gang looking guys"
Straight Outta Canton, OH.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:49 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'ma just be quiet
Op post is clearly a troll post talking about race that way. So best to not feed her. If sadly its not and someone is that naive to talk like that in 2018 then if a fire works hit them...well it is what it is.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:15 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Straight Outta Canton, OH.
Canton, Ohio has an average household income of only $28,730 per year. It doesn't sound like a prosperous place to me.

And I was wrong about fireworks being fully legal in Ohio, however there's a chance they will make fireworks fully legal soon, which I doubt will happen in New York any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: