Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 12:20 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Ghetto gon' ghetto

Whatever makes people sleep better at night. I prefer the quiet sounds of the leaves rustling in the wind,
the sounds of birds chirping, the toot of locomotives and the scurrying of wildlife in my surroundings.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:20 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is as far as I got reading the posts, but after seeing this -- I am just astounded. Regardless of the facts and the rights and wrongs of how they handled Ms. Headley, that child could have been HURT -- and for me, that overrules every other consideration.

Whoever it was that took that child from Ms. Headley should be fired, imo.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:22 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Why are there so many people at the Social Security Office?
Why aren't the buildings bigger to support more chairs ?
The more questions you ask the more knowledge is gathered
and the better informed you will be.
SS office is just as bad. They have former LEO doing the security. And they do expect disabled people to take off their shoes, and try to put em back on. On top of the threats they make, security Carry a firearm.

So the theory is ,get free $$$ ,het treated as a poor that can't afford a lawyer.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:45 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,773,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post

Maybe it's just me, but if I have my child with me (also a 1 year old), my first thought is to avoid confrontation.
Amen. Any mother who would get in a fight with cops with a baby in her arms deserves everything she gets.
And I'm not talking about settlement money.

I hope they throw the book at her.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Amen. Any mother who would get in a fight with cops with a baby in her arms deserves everything she gets.
And I'm not talking about settlement money.

I hope they throw the book at her.

Bless you compassionate mom.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This is as far as I got reading the posts, but after seeing this -- I am just astounded. Regardless of the facts and the rights and wrongs of how they handled Ms. Headley, that child could have been HURT -- and for me, that overrules every other consideration.

Whoever it was that took that child from Ms. Headley should be fired, imo.

So if someone comes into your house beats you dog, steals your money and you shoot and kill him in the most violent of manner and rage, the authorities should forget everything and arrest you for the brutal and horrible murder of this unfortunate robber thief animal abuser?

It is unwise to let emotions become involved when trying to find the right in the wrong.
All evidence must be taken into account. Everything. Not just the things that disturb you.

By the way the person yanking on Ms.Headley's arm to secure the baby away from harm was a woman just like Jasmine.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:18 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
It is a shame that in an office of such,they can not accept that some of their clients might come from a place of mental trauma.

Also,the clients may be discriminated upon appearance.

So when will this zoo like mentality end?

Old 12-13-2018, 02:22 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
So when will this zoo like mentality end?
When the animals stop begging for handouts?

Old 12-13-2018, 02:42 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
So if someone comes into your house beats you dog, steals your money and you shoot and kill him in the most violent of manner and rage, the authorities should forget everything and arrest you for the brutal and horrible murder of this unfortunate robber thief animal abuser?

It is unwise to let emotions become involved when trying to find the right in the wrong.
All evidence must be taken into account. Everything. Not just the things that disturb you.

By the way the person yanking on Ms.Headley's arm to secure the baby away from harm was a woman just like Jasmine.
I read your first sentence three times to try to understand it, and IF I understood it correctly, my answer is "Of course", but I honestly don't understand the point you are making. I can't think of any way that what you wrote corresponds to what happened with Ms. Headley as I understand it. In any case, refusing to follow instructions is not even CLOSE to being the same as beating a dog or stealing money.

I confess that this entire incident is confusing to me, but I think the whole thing started because she refused to get up from the floor. Now, to me, that sounds like a pretty poor excuse for what happened after that. (And, btw, I do believe in following instructions and I am a supporter of the police, usually.) Also, although I very much love and value my dog and I value my money -- and I would be beyond furious if anyone hurt my dog -- I don't think that beating a dog and stealing money justifies a most "brutal and horrible murder", even though I might consider just shooting the robber and dog beater to be justified.

Second, it looked to me in the video that it was a man that was taking the baby away, but I could be wrong; and in any case, I said, "Whoever it was that took that child from Ms. Headley should be fired, imo." I did not indicate gender, but it looked to me that the child was being used like a rope in a tug-o-war between a male LEO and the mother.

In short, even IF Ms. Headley was in the wrong, I think the way this was handled was even MORE wrong. (But, then, I could be wrong, too, of course.) Anyway, I've had my say, so bye.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakejones View Post
when the animals stop begging for handouts?
+1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City