Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 08:17 AM

11,200 posts, read 9,100,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Her Go Fund Me is over $30,000 in less than one day?
Not bad! I am assuming the city will settle out of court over this fiasco too.

https://www.gofundme.com/q9am2s-help-jazmine-headley

Old 12-12-2018, 08:19 AM

19,067 posts, read 13,999,119 times
It's a shame the NYPD still attempts to do its job. I don't engage in any active police work anymore. My pension matters too much. Cops are sitting ducks. They should've done exactly as someone else suggested: leave her. Disorderly, anti-social behavior is condoned now. Why the hell would a cop inject themselves into the ghetto lottery pool is beyond me.

I don't even care if they are right or wrong anymore, they should have just walked away regardless. So a skell wants to sit on the floor, not my floor, not my life being disturbed. Leave her.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-12-2018, 08:23 AM

1,121 posts, read 592,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It's a shame the NYPD still attempts to do its job. I don't engage in any active police work anymore. My pension matters too much. Cops are sitting ducks. They should've done exactly as someone else suggested: leave her. Disorderly, anti-social behavior is condoned now. Why the hell would a cop inject themselves into the ghetto lottery pool is beyond me.

I don't even care if they are right or wrong anymore, they should have just walked away regardless. So a skell wants to sit on the floor, not my floor, not my life being disturbed. Leave her.
I've been to welfare offices before. It's no place for messing around.

The only anti-social behavior I have observed at welfare offices are the employees themselves.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:34 AM

34,126 posts, read 47,356,745 times
Quote:

/thread

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-12-2018, 08:41 AM

11,200 posts, read 9,100,281 times
Quote:

Post of 2018 for the NYC Thread. I believe you are 100% right.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:54 AM

To further clarify my position:

This is a situation which would have eventually devolved into fighting amongst the citizens occupying that office, whether they be security or the people awaiting service there. The cops were called - as they tend to be - to head off that problem.

In the current environment, cops need to pause for a minute and consider whether their intervention in these matters is really a smart move. Under normal conditions where civil society was the goal of all citizens, police intervention would be warranted.

Nowadays, this is no longer the case. Misconduct is condoned. Even when the involved party is clearly breaking a law, cops should know by now that their actions will be scrutinized first, not those of the perp. Unless something is happening in front of their own home or against their own family, intervening should NEVER be the first option.

The responding officers should allow these situations to devolve into utter chaos. Then maybe intervene.

For example, back when I started it was drilled into our heads that when we see idiots fighting at bars or out front whatever, let them fight. There is no sense risking injury or even death over two (or more) fools fighting with each other. Let THEM get hurt or killed. The role of the police is only to clean up the mess afterwards anyway unless the situation is affecting uninvolved parties.

This concept needs to be applied nowadays much more often to protect ones career, not just for safety reasons. Before taking any action, a cop's ONLY concerns should be:

1. Is MINE or MY PARTNER'S safety at risk?

2. Will my body camera be enough protection from false allegations?

If the answer to either of those questions is likely no, then no action should be taken. This is what the citizenry wanted, you're only doing what they asked for anyway.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-12-2018, 09:10 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,764,825 times
Quote:
To further clarify my position:

This is a situation which would have eventually devolved into fighting amongst the citizens occupying that office, whether they be security or the people awaiting service there. The cops were called - as they tend to be - to head off that problem.

In the current environment, cops need to pause for a minute and consider whether their intervention in these matters is really a smart move. Under normal conditions where civil society was the goal of all citizens, police intervention would be warranted.

Nowadays, this is no longer the case. Misconduct is condoned. Even when the involved party is clearly breaking a law, cops should know by now that their actions will be scrutinized first, not those of the perp. Unless something is happening in front of their own home or against their own family, intervening should NEVER be the first option.

The responding officers should allow these situations to devolve into utter chaos. Then maybe intervene.

For example, back when I started it was drilled into our heads that when we see idiots fighting at bars or out front whatever, let them fight. There is no sense risking injury or even death over two (or more) fools fighting with each other. Let THEM get hurt or killed. The role of the police is only to clean up the mess afterwards anyway unless the situation is affecting uninvolved parties.

This concept needs to be applied nowadays much more often to protect ones career, not just for safety reasons. Before taking any action, a cop's ONLY concerns should be:

1. Is MINE or MY PARTNER'S safety at risk?

2. Will my body camera be enough protection from false allegations?

If the answer to either of those questions is likely no, then no action should be taken. This is what the citizenry wanted, you're only doing what they asked for anyway.
If this savage would have given a crap about her baby she would have complied with the officers requests. Also regarding the video it’s always the same drill, start the video at a point in time where the cops are responding to what the perp is doing, not at the time where the perp instigated the cops actions.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
...not at the time where the perp instigated the cops actions.
Hopefully this was a body camera precinct. Not all have them yet as the training is still ongoing. I've had mine for awhile now, thank god. You'd love how quickly people start acting normal when the first words out of a cop's mouth are, "I'm wearing a body camera and you are being recorded."

Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 AM

3,152 posts, read 2,748,458 times
What a coward you are. As much as we pay you, and you cry about being asked to do your job right. What good are you again, exactly?

Old 12-12-2018, 09:54 AM

1,121 posts, read 592,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
If this savage would have given a crap about her baby she would have complied with the officers requests. Also regarding the video it’s always the same drill, start the video at a point in time where the cops are responding to what the perp is doing, not at the time where the perp instigated the cops actions.
Word ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City