Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 07:01 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,100,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Very good observation....Now ponder deeper and ask....

What is the maximum amount of chairs you can put in a room?
Do we need a bigger building?
Why so many people at the HRA?
Why the lack of compassion with so many sitting and not one single person offering up their seat?
A room of mostly women who proclaim to be more compassionate than men and not one willing to help?
How much of your tax money are you willing to give up to pay for a bigger HRA building supporting the poor?
At what point will a hard working tax payer say enough. You have taken enough of my money to support the poor?
Asking questions opens everyones eyes!
The more questions you ask the more knowledge one gains.
HRA wouldn't need more chairs or a larger building if they processed people in a timely manner. HRA seems worse than the DMV as far as wait times.

There will always be poor people. I don't mind my taxes going to help them. I would rather they go for that than many other things that are paid for with my tax dollars.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:10 AM

3,044 posts, read 5,002,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
P.S. The answer is deescalation. The answer is almost always deescalation. There is almost never a call to put your hands on a person holding a small child. For sitting on the damn floor? Please. That instigator with her...floor-sitting!!!!
How do you know de-escalation was not attempted? Because of a 45 second video that shows the end of the confrontation?

Maybe it's just me, but if I have my child with me (also a 1 year old), my first thought is to avoid confrontation.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:50 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Ghetto gon' ghetto

Old 12-13-2018, 08:02 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Given a hypothetical situation and I don't know you from a hole in the wall:
If we were both starving and I had an apple I would share it with you.................

Why? Compassion.

Due to lack of compassion a horrible situation occurred.
Jasmine brought all this upon herself. Agreed.
It only takes one person with one kind act to make a difference.
I hope to witness you one day do the same and offer your seat to someone truly in need.
I have given my seat plenty of times in the subway to someone who looked like they needed it, when I'd be faced with standing for 5 to 20 minutes. But nope, if I'm at a place like the DMV and I am facing an hours-long wait, I would not give it up unless the person was disabled or elderly.

If that's compassionless, so be it.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:37 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
The officers did nothing wrong. They're going to be fine. She was under arrest, they are allowed to use whatever reasonable force necessary to get her into custody. She was holding on to the baby, how else would you take the baby from her? It looks bad but their actions were perfectly legal. Now if they would have hit her with their batons, used taser or OC spray, then at that point it would have been excessive. As long as they are on camera trying to talk to her and de-escalate before taking action, they will be fine. It's against the law to resist arrest. End of story.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:24 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
How do you know de-escalation was not attempted? Because of a 45 second video that shows the end of the confrontation?

Maybe it's just me, but if I have my child with me (also a 1 year old), my first thought is to avoid confrontation.

Agreed.
She chose to use her beautiful infant son as a shield between her and the authoritative rule of law. Shame on her.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:29 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Momma is winning!!!

34K GoFund Me.
Her credit card fraud charge from NJ will be dismissed.
A nice payout by the city of NY for incident.
Whatever she was asking for at the facility will be given to her
Hell maybe a new car, lazyboy chair or apt from someone..
Maybe a lifetime movie.

Is she a single momma or is the father involved?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:40 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Momma is winning!!!

34K GoFund Me.
Her credit card fraud charge from NJ will be dismissed.
A nice payout by the city of NY for incident.
Whatever she was asking for at the facility will be given to her
Hell maybe a new car, lazyboy chair or apt from someone..
Maybe a lifetime movie.

Is she a single momma or is the father involved?
She came out swinging and now she is winning. She better take that money and move back to the south where it's cheap, warm and a chance to find a husband.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 12-13-2018 at 10:07 AM..

Old 12-13-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
HRA wouldn't need more chairs or a larger building if they processed people in a timely manner. HRA seems worse than the DMV as far as wait times.

There will always be poor people. I don't mind my taxes going to help them. I would rather they go for that than many other things that are paid for with my tax dollars.

The process is complicated to weed out the scammers.
DMV works under the same premise. " Prove to me that you are who you say you are."
God bless all city agencies. I am in total agreement and willing to put up with the inconveniences
knowing that they are working effortlessly to protect my identity from going into the hands of others.
City employees and human resources are under great pressures to help the masses and are underappreciated.

When you have a chance, sit down and look over your income taxes of the last 10 years to truly understand the
amounts that you have been handing over to the city and state and fed. Look at your Social Security contributions
since you have been on the books. You will notice that you have handed over lots of money. The amounts have only
increased as well as the amount of the impoverished population entering this city. You may not mind because you are financially
secure, unaware or poor but there may come that time when you will feel that bite and say " Hey wait a minute!
Enough is enough already! " New York is expecting an increase in population of about 600,000 in the next 15 years
I sure hope they will be employed as top income earners and not on the lowest of wage scales.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
She came out swinging and now sjw is winning. She better take that money and move back to the south where it's cheap, warm and a chance to find a husband.

Thoughtful response but:
The money will be needed to pay back restitution for her credit card fraud.
She is committed to completing community services and programs at home
to secure that her past arrest record will be completely erased from file.
She does not need a husband. Someone already fathered her beautiful infant son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City