Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 09:55 AM

1,121 posts, read 592,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
What a coward you are. As much as we pay you, and you cry about being asked to do your job right. What good are you again, exactly?
Whaa? You must be confused what ABG's conveying. Its sorta true in this day and age.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:16 AM

3,046 posts, read 5,007,978 times
Quote:
What a coward you are. As much as we pay you, and you cry about being asked to do your job right. What good are you again, exactly?
Even with the benefit of hindsight, what's the right move for the cops?

Old 12-12-2018, 10:55 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,262,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
If this savage would have given a crap about her baby she would have complied with the officers requests. Also regarding the video it’s always the same drill, start the video at a point in time where the cops are responding to what the perp is doing, not at the time where the perp instigated the cops actions.
Exactly.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:35 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Here is my take on this situation. I feel sorry for the woman to go through such ordeal. Their was no need to have all that excessive police to pull a baby away from a woman. That is something that Nazis and Communists do, not us Americans. I'm a bit disturbed by the whole situation.

Let me logically look though on this. The security guard should have searched and find a seat for this woman. Two, the woman should have not sat on the floor, but she should has approached security or staff for a seat. In government offices and buildings, their are fire codes, and people sitting around can be a burden on escape route. Three, the workers who work for HRA and welfare offices are from the very same communities as the clients who receive services are from. The workers and the clients don't want to be there and thus attitudes will arise which can escalate problems into physical ones. Hopefully this situation witnessed can be used for training purposes, and hopefully workers at HRA can learn to deescalate instead of escalating problems as they arise. Four, the current climate. Today we live in a world where folks believe they are oppressed by men, or by white people. Now that intersectionality system use social media to get their attention across. Like I said before, Black victim + iPhone+ twitter or Facebook = you are getting fired from your job. Demands from Social Justice Activists want the security Guard, HRA workers and NYPD officers to be terminated. Thank goodness all such workers are part of a Union which can limit the chances of a firing. Social Justice advocates like feminists, and black lives matter get a hard one for getting somone fired from their jobs or evicted from their apartments and end up homeless.

I see a lot of dysfunction in the video. First off, where are the fathers? In one of the videos, the baby boy that was pulled away is with the grand mother. Also during the brawl, most of the screams in the background are from women. These HRA offices are full of single moms, most of them black women. Sad but true, black women in America already suffer from 70% out of wedlock rate, the highest in the country thus far. This situation could have been avoided if this woman had he child's father in its life. Not for nothing, I commend the woman going in to HRA asking for aide for child care coverage while she works. Last the woman arrested has a warrant out in NJ for credit card fraud. Her immediate chargers in NYC in my opinion should be dropped, but what credit card fraud is a serious offense which can up end the livelihoods of victims identities. She should be brought to trial for her crime in NJ. Do the crime, do the time. After the fact, what she should do is sue the state of NY, City of NY and use that money to buy a home and move down to the affordable South with her son. And forget about expensive, classst, and at times racist NYC.

I can imagine, #sittingonthefloorwhileblack, #securityguardeddie.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 12-12-2018 at 11:44 AM..

Old 12-12-2018, 11:36 AM

19,072 posts, read 14,010,044 times
Quote:
My finances matter about, let's say, 100% more than whatever you think of me.

If anything, at least you can be happy that you have a cop who is unaffected by insults.

I would have walked into that room, assessed the situation, and promptly walked the hell out telling the security guards that we don't enforce disorderly conduct inside of buildings. Call us back after someone has been assaulted.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-12-2018, 12:01 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.div...rom-mother.amp

Whole video

Old 12-12-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
She entered an establishment that had rules. She was told to get off the floor she refused. The cops were called and requested for her to get up from the floor and she refused. At the end of the day, if you don't want to follow rules stay at home. To some sitting on the floor might be a silly rule but at the end of the day it is the rule of this establishment. If you don't like it... leave, otherwise, follow the rules.

The lady could have deescalated everything by getting up and maybe announcing if someone would be kind enough to offer her a seat. If you watch the video, there are a couple of young people in there. Funny how everyone was quick to whip out their phones to record but not to deescalate the situation by offering a seat once the security guard had the 1st exchange with her.

The cops were aggressive with the lady since she was resisting arrest and not cooperating with them. The one cop who was yanking the baby out of her hands was too aggressive and went over the line. He should be sent for retraining.

The lady will have a nice payday due to this incident.

https://www.gofundme.com/q9am2s-help-jazmine-headley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW4QXQ0EqVM
Like I said before. Black victim + iPhone +Twitter or Facebook =you are getting fired from your job. This is a huge business man.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:00 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,752,644 times
"My finances matter about, let's say, 100% more than whatever you think of me. "

One day we'll clear all you lazy cowards who think you're doing us a favor by doing your job badly and are entitled to your rich salaries and overtime for breathing out of the department. People like you make me ashamed of the NYPD. "Serve and protect, but only if we feel like it, and only if we get to manhandle the subhumans the way we want."

Old 12-12-2018, 01:02 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,752,644 times
P.S. The answer is deescalation. The answer is almost always deescalation. There is almost never a call to put your hands on a person holding a small child. For sitting on the damn floor? Please. That instigator with her...floor-sitting!!!!

Old 12-12-2018, 01:08 PM

19,072 posts, read 14,010,044 times
PS the answer is to transfer to a more deserving neighborhood where the police are wanted because criminals aren't, which is what I did.

At least you got the subhumans part right.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City