Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 10:43 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,580,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
State Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis, a Republican representing parts of Brooklyn and Staten Island, criticized the proposal as an example of de Blasio using city coffers "like his personal ATM."

Wow! I wonder if the Senator was reading my posts?.........Just kidding.
I am glad that Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis shows empathy towards the retired middle class seniors who
have built this great city. The mayor has not. The governor has not. Yet, I saw my highest property tax increase
in over 30 years of owning a home. I felt betrayed by New York City. Thankyou Nicole for not forgetting the remaining
retired middle class retirees........still holding on.
The one that’s in office now making the call has no clue what it was like to built a great city like New York City. All day long they are thinking about their political agenda. How it makes them look good. What they need to do to prepare for the next election they plan to get into. That’s why politician is never a friend of mine because they talk the talk and let others suffer. It definitely make them look good for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 10:53 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,998,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The rest of the world seems to have plenty of fruits and milk without massive endless amounts of illegals from Mexico and Central America. You want us to believe that the richest country on Earth (the U.S.) will somehow go without fruit and milk because we decided to stop illegal immigration. (I can't believe I am even participating and wasting my time with this level of dumbness).

You are not a farmer. The farmers will figure out a way to pick their fruits and milk their cows.
Europe uses Africans, Arabs, and Latinos to do such work. I see it here in Spain myself.

You’re not going to get too many white Americans to work hard in tbe fields all day. Historically they used Black People to do that work. Since the civil rights movement it’s been Latinos doing that work.

You can run your mouth all you want to, you wouldn’t last a day in tbe fields.

Richest nation on earth? Since when do rich people do this kind of work?

Old 01-10-2019, 11:00 AM

766 posts, read 508,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Why wait at the hospitals when the mass majority of the influx is at the border less wall areas. Once they make their way to a sanctuary city, they can start collecting.
But as long as the United States say "Hey we need your cheap labor, come". A wall is fruitless. The powers that be want undocumented, and they don't care how regular citizens feel about it either way.

Ending birthright citizenship alone, would prevent people coming into this country.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
This country was built to run off of cheap labor, whether it was slavery way back when, or illegal immigrants now

It's all a scam no matter what

We're free to have whatever opinion we want but we all still pay taxes

Exactly. The world continues to go round and round.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the cheap pizza delivered and made by most likely an undocumented

Old 01-10-2019, 11:12 AM

The undocumented does ton of fraud and they get free healthcare on top of it. They should be asked to pay into a system like everyone else.

If they have enough to send money back to their country, they should be paying something into healthcare.

This is really a slap in the face to all new yorkers who are paying ridiculous medical bills, while paying ridiculous taxes in this city.

De Blasio, and other white liberals are the worst. Even most minorities think this is crazy, my family think its insane for illegals not paying taxes to get free healthcare. What's next? housing or is that already happening.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:15 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,619,869 times
This whole thing is making me less inclined to contribute to what NYC is becoming. Welfare fine as sticky as it is atm, we need to take care of our citizens, but to fund the healthcare for those whom are undocumented and/or illegal?? I thought I was disgusted with Chicago and IL politics when I left there in 2010, but this is sickening. I wonder if this makes NYC, and California given similar policy, a place to flock as an illegal immigrant. Worse, what precedent does this leave for future policy.

I'm hoping this gets repealed by a future mayor/governor, else I may have to seriously consider leaving. I don't think I can stomach supporting a system like this. I didn't like DeBlasio when he suggested the street car from Sunset Park to Astoria taking out so many lanes of an otherwise busy throughway, but this? Wow.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM

1,121 posts, read 592,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
What's next? housing or is that already happening.
Cmon man.. be real.. nobodies living for free (unless they live in areas dominated by illegals, which may exist in NYC).. You might even call them, bandits.. their main jobs are defrauding the USA through dozens of loopholes.. bandit loopholes..

Old 01-10-2019, 12:29 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,236,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Europe uses Africans, Arabs, and Latinos to do such work. I see it here in Spain myself.

You’re not going to get too many white Americans to work hard in tbe fields all day. Historically they used Black People to do that work. Since the civil rights movement it’s been Latinos doing that work.

You can run your mouth all you want to, you wouldn’t last a day in tbe fields.

Richest nation on earth? Since when do rich people do this kind of work?
Europe does not use anyone to do field work. People on their own free will choose to migrate there and accept these jobs. And if they hadn't, Europe would do just fine as well. Maybe perhaps even better without all the problems that come with them. Europe (as a civilization) has been in existence for thousands of years. They seem to have fruits and milk in all that time just fine. You are telling me that all of a sudden in the last few decades, they wouldn't be able to pick fruits and milk cows without Africans, Arabs and Latinos?

If we were back in the days of slavery, somene like you would claim that the country would go into ruins without the cheap labor that the slaves provide, yet the country actually got richer after slavery was eliminated.

You run your mouth a lot around here with mostly nonsense. I am not the first to share this sentiment either.

Last edited by antinimby; 01-10-2019 at 12:39 PM..

Old 01-10-2019, 12:51 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,043,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
The undocumented does ton of fraud and they get free healthcare on top of it. They should be asked to pay into a system like everyone else.

If they have enough to send money back to their country, they should be paying something into healthcare.

This is really a slap in the face to all new yorkers who are paying ridiculous medical bills, while paying ridiculous taxes in this city.

De Blasio, and other white liberals are the worst. Even most minorities think this is crazy, my family think its insane for illegals not paying taxes to get free healthcare. What's next? housing or is that already happening.
Hence the reason why people are voting for Trump. As narcissistic, megalomaniatic and as, "grab 'em by the cat" as he may be, at least he's working to actually do something about the struggling middle class who are already being taken advantage of.

Last edited by stormgal; 01-10-2019 at 01:02 PM..

Old 01-10-2019, 01:02 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,115 times
Undocumented...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City