Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times

Advertisements

NYC mayor says he hopes successor is 'even better' - Yahoo Finance

Bloomberg is moving on with his life, and says he will not criticize de Blasio just as Giuliani did not criticize him. Bloomberg is moving on, and Giuliani moved on long ago.

Its time the fear mongers move on before they put themselves in the hospital (heart attack, stroke) or in the mental hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 07:31 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,898 times
I'm glad Bloomberg made that statement. It makes this transition more cordial--at least publicly.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM

518 posts, read 825,880 times
Presidents move on because there is no where else to go. New York mayors never give up hope though historically it has been a dead end job politically speaking. If Giuliani had truly moved on he would not have been living off 9-11 for the past twelve years and would not have put his two cents in on de Blasio regarding stop & frisk in the just passed election.

Bloomberg will be no different in forever wondering why people in Iowa view former NY mayors who would like to be President, like he and Giuliani, as Martians trampling through their cornfields around caucus time. "What the hell is that? Ma, call the sheriff!"

Bloomberg will never keep quiet. Just follow the money.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:48 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
That's a decent gesture from Bloomberg AFTER the fact that he accused De Blasio of class warfare and racism during the campaign.

I think Bloomberg secretly despises De Blasio, and he's decided not to criticize the new administration not because he's moving on with his life, but because he's aware De Blasio won a mandate by landslide. Criticizing now would only add to the Bloomberg fatigue that most NYers are already feeling.

Good riddance Bloomberg, you will always be remembered as a cocky billionaire with a Napoleon complex.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Bloomberg has to live here too. I'm sure he doesn't want it get ghetto. I thought Bloomberg was a pretty administrator. He's a little too much on gun control and nanny state. I think a person should be allowed castle defense. The police aren't always going to be around. I also didn't like how he got elected for his third term. He was truly independent though. He didn't have to answer to anyone. Not to the unions, not to the political parties, and he got stuff done. Just wish he concentrated more on infrastructure though. NYC definitely needs more improvements on its transportation infrastructure which function as the arteries of the city.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:53 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
The real loser of this entire election is not Joe Lhota, but in the real loser is Mike Bloomberg. From the get go he endorsed Quinn as a probable successor to keep alive Bloomberg version of NYC. When Blasio won tge democratic nomination Bloomie attacked De Blasio saying his campaign was racsit and classist. Electiin day has come and gone and new Yorkers do not want the status quo for another 4 years. As for Lhota his campaigned lacked no compassion and vigorous energy to catch the attention of constituents. Regardless who won Bloomberg is the real loser. With Bloomberg making this statement he himself is coinciding defeat of NYC future that he so sought after to reshape.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
A sensible approach.

He's had 12 years of hard work and now it's time to hop on a yacht with some beautiful people and enjoy his BILLIONS.

No need to leave with any bitterness about anything least of all his successor who hasn't really done anything yet.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:50 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Bloomberg has to live here too. I'm sure he doesn't want it get ghetto. I thought Bloomberg was a pretty administrator. He's a little too much on gun control and nanny state. I think a person should be allowed castle defense. The police aren't always going to be around. I also didn't like how he got elected for his third term. He was truly independent though. He didn't have to answer to anyone. Not to the unions, not to the political parties, and he got stuff done. Just wish he concentrated more on infrastructure though. NYC definitely needs more improvements on its transportation infrastructure which function as the arteries of the city.
No he doesn't. Bloomberg has a whole bunch of places to live if he doesn't like NYC anymore.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:52 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
NYC mayor says he hopes successor is 'even better' - Yahoo Finance

Bloomberg is moving on with his life, and says he will not criticize de Blasio just as Giuliani did not criticize him. Bloomberg is moving on, and Giuliani moved on long ago.

Its time the fear mongers move on before they put themselves in the hospital (heart attack, stroke) or in the mental hospital.
The fear mongers are ready to pounce already. Just watch NY1 the call and you see them preparing their manifestos already...

Old 11-12-2013, 09:06 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
The fear mongers are ready to pounce already. Just watch NY1 the call and you see them preparing their manifestos already...
I'm going to watch it tonite and listen what folks have to say! Gonna LOL on my self!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City