Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 09:25 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,035,107 times

Advertisements

What do you guys think about this?

https://nypost.com/2019/04/21/bronx-...nctuary-state/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 06:41 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
Sounds somewhat ok, but they better come up with a plan on how they plan to make it work with people committing crime in the city and how they are going to fund the public assistance services to these people.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:14 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Like a century late man.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-24-2019, 07:17 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
You just dont get it.

Any immigrant who came here, legal or illegal, came here cause it was worse in their country

You think ppl come here on a whim?

Ellis Island = sanctuary!

Give me the tired masses poor

While other ppl born here in this country starve

You dont get it

America is not homogenous

We could have been the first progressive country and got 10x more money

But ppl dont realize that

C.R.E.A.M

Grab a dollar bill

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-24-2019, 09:38 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
my taxes are high enough, there are too many homeless on the street, crime is up, and people are getting shot on the subway tracks.

you pay for them.

give me that dollar bill.

Can't wait until deblasio is gone. Mueller should investigate him. He's funded by China.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:48 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Posted this story several days ago in the NYS forum as NYC already *is* a sanctuary city.

Jose Serrano wants to roll out things state wide to expand protections for illegals to LI, Westchester and so forth.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:51 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Do you want to live in Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador? And I don't mean the tourist areas. I don't.

The world is full of poverty, violence, disease, etc.. As bad as things have gotten here relative to how things used to be, we still have it much better than much the rest of the world. If we just open the doors and let in everyone that wants to come, we're going to get dragged down to their level. In controlled, relatively small numbers, cherry picking the best quality of those who want to immigrate fine. But as a country we have a right, and the government has a responsibility, to control immigration so that it's a benefit to country, not a problem.

The US isn't a big empty country that need large numbers of unskilled laborers to work the land and factories. This is especially true as automation is squeezing out low /no skill jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You just dont get it.

Any immigrant who came here, legal or illegal, came here cause it was worse in their country

You think ppl come here on a whim?

Ellis Island = sanctuary!

Give me the tired masses poor

While other ppl born here in this country starve

You dont get it

America is not homogenous

We could have been the first progressive country and got 10x more money

But ppl dont realize that

C.R.E.A.M

Grab a dollar bill

Old 04-24-2019, 11:39 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,602,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Posted this story several days ago in the NYS forum as NYC already *is* a sanctuary city.

Jose Serrano wants to roll out things state wide to expand protections for illegals to LI, Westchester and so forth.
Both LI counties are essentially sanctuary counties too. Huge population of illegal immigrants from El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:49 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Yes, and how's that working out?

I grew up on LI. I can't remember any murders, let alone a gang based murder spree (I sure there probably were murders, but nothing I can recall.)

MS-13 is a good enough reason alone to launch a major crackdown on illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Both LI counties are essentially sanctuary counties too. Huge population of illegal immigrants from El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:54 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
City politicians know nothing about upstate NY and how their policies impact that part of the state - and they don’t care. Lots of states have this problem now with increasingly large liberal cities imposing their will easily upon rural, less populated areas.

These fools need to realize that what works in cities does not work in rural areas - or we need a revolution to force them to realize it. Thomas Jefferson was dead right when he said that no government should go more than a generation with a bloodletting.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: