Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 AM

801 posts, read 1,105,070 times

Advertisements

I have concerns about The Lottery in terms of housing and how does it works ?? I'm new on this . What happens if I get selected, and don't qualified do to the income.? Or credit ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 08:20 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
I have concerns about The Lottery in terms of housing and how does it works ?? I'm new on this . What happens if I get selected, and don't qualified do to the income.? Or credit ?
Being "selected" basically means nothing more than they will consider your qualifications, most people who submit an application that SAYA they qualify will get an interview sooner or later.
But then it gets tough: If you don't qualify on the basis of income or credit, income mostly, then you don't get an apartment.

They don't leave much wiggle room in income for most of these places and $20 one way or the other will disqualify you.

Actually, since all the offerings clearly state the income range, don't waste your time and energy on a place that doesn't fit your income.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,372,483 times
I just went through the process for an affordable housing apt, and they require bank statements, pay stubs, letter confirming salary from employer, W-2s, tax returns, credit check, current lease and rent payment stubs/canceled checks.

It's a very simple process if you are prepared and have your paperwork complete. You must fit in the income restrictions, and be approved both by the developer of the property and the city. I had my interview, it was less than 30 minutes, and we simply went through to confirm all paperwork was complete.

She then advised me a few hours later what apts were available and whether I was interested in moving forward. In then takes about 2-4 weeks for final approval from the city.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM

im going to a big process right now. at BRUCKNER BY THE BRIDGE.IN THE BRONX. well i was interview in JUNE. i submited all paperwork and also view the apt. plus i put down a deposit.since i was new in this,the building was and still under construction,they was posponing the moving date.in the last 2 weeks people was moving already and i wenrt to ask about me,they told me that the city still hasnt approve my application yet.plus the management also shot down and a new one took over.can anybody guide me on this???

Old 09-13-2011, 06:27 PM

?? No answers !! I guess nobody has a idea on how does this works!! But I keep searching !!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:33 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,069,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I just went through the process for an affordable housing apt, and they require bank statements, pay stubs, letter confirming salary from employer, W-2s, tax returns, credit check, current lease and rent payment stubs/canceled checks.

It's a very simple process if you are prepared and have your paperwork complete. You must fit in the income restrictions, and be approved both by the developer of the property and the city. I had my interview, it was less than 30 minutes, and we simply went through to confirm all paperwork was complete.

She then advised me a few hours later what apts were available and whether I was interested in moving forward. In then takes about 2-4 weeks for final approval from the city.
I thought you owned a building and were a landlord.No? How do you qualify for affordable housing if you own a building you live in and collect rents from tenants?

Old 09-13-2011, 06:42 PM

Smart question! But he said that his process was super quick!! Damn !! 2-4 weeks?? I'm waithing for almost 4 months and no answers ! Plus all that paperwork I had it at the time!! So whats the deal then?? Truth or not I still can't believe that the city is working so bad!!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:39 PM

185 posts, read 242,967 times
this building is no longer a lottery is now open market meaning that the lottery is over and now anyone can apply....

Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,652,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

I thought you owned a building and were a landlord.No? How do you qualify for affordable housing if you own a building you live in and collect rents from tenants?
I wonder. hmm ???

Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 AM

Yeah looks like the system playout!!! Lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City