Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 09:51 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,929,858 times

Advertisements

Do as you will... Noise complaints has an "up to" 8 hour response time... Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 09:53 AM

1,486 posts, read 989,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
Actually it’s part of living around people who don’t respect others. Gentrification or not.

I’m not a gentrifier by the way...So what I have done is I’ve found music that is opposite of what is being played and crank it just as loud...I might even sing along.

Wanna do rap, I’ll do gospel. Wanna do gospel I will do country. Wanna do Spanish I will put on the best Soca or Calypso.

I’m a nice neighbor until Peppermint Petty wants to visit.

LMAO!!

And this is why im happy I live in a place where im high up away from street noise, good window sound isolation, and if a neighbor wants to get loud after 10pm I can just call security and have them put a stop to it.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:07 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
This thread have the most funniest replies ive ever seen LMAO!!

There are ways around this. What floor are you on and what area do you live in? If you are on the ground floor or second floor it will be tough.

Solution....get a paintball gun, freeze the paintballs over night and when the music starts shoot at the car windows. If you have a good angle without sticking yourself out the window aim for the windshield. That will cost them the most to fix and will force them to move to the next block. After a couple of times of this your issue will be resolved.

Amazon also sells some nice BB guns that are quieter so they wont hear the shooting, great for taking out windows but the C02 canisters are so small.

Excerpt:
This thread have the most funniest replies ive ever seen LMAO!!
shoot at the car windows...........aim for the windshield.

Opinion:

Agreed...........................................: tape:

Old 09-25-2019, 07:19 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
OP, what neighborhood is this?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-25-2019, 03:20 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
Actually it’s part of living around people who don’t respect others. Gentrification or not.

I’m not a gentrifier by the way...So what I have done is I’ve found music that is opposite of what is being played and crank it just as loud...I might even sing along.

Wanna do rap, I’ll do gospel. Wanna do gospel I will do country. Wanna do Spanish I will put on the best Soca or Calypso.

I’m a nice neighbor until Peppermint Petty wants to visit.

Except that soca isn't the opposite of Spanish. They might want to join your party. How you think that Reggaeton started?

I suggest you try opera music. Only problem is that the other sleeping neighbors might end up hating you more than the boys blasting their hip hop, reggaeton, bachata, or dancehall.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:25 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RForster View Post
There is this group of people outside my apartment window and every weekend they are outside blasting their music from their car, max volume, max bass, yelling, cursing, slamming bottles. I called the 911 twice and they never came (Not upset, it's nyc I'm sure there were bigger problems) but this has been driving me crazy every friday/saturday for a month.

I have lived in NYC all my life, I get that it can be loud. I have heard people outside loud before and I usually close the windows even turn on the fan to drown them out, if that works I'm cool with that but these people are so loud and obnoxious it doesn't work. Before this I have never called the cops on loud music/neighbors before, again I get what comes with NYC. So I go outside and politely asked them to keep it down and the big guy told me to go fu*k myself and didn't care that he was keeping me awake.

If the cops won't come what can I do? This needs to stop - I wonder why other people are not calling the cops or..maybe they are and they just have not come.
Do you understand that there is a difference between "cops" and "911"?

911 if for emergency. This is not remotely like an emergency. So call your precinct. Better still, talk to your neighbors and make a pact. Then next Friday, arrange so that each of you will call the cops 5 minutes apart.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:30 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,775,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RForster View Post
I love diversity. I hate *******s who have no regard for other people.
Does this apply to you as well? You're complaining about a form of happiness from these individuals and want them to stop. Have you no regard to what you want done about this and how it would affect long time residents.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:34 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
Does this apply to you as well? You're complaining about a form of happiness from these individuals and want them to stop. Have you no regard to what you want done about this and how it would affect long time residents.
I suspect that many of the long term residents, quite a few who probably work 2-3 jobs, also need a good nights rest. Especially if they got home at 2 AM and have to be out the door by 8AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City