Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 05:21 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times

Advertisements

Have you visited all other boroughs?

Do you tend to stay in your borough?

Just wondering about this borough business, since all five boroughs identify as NYC, apparently.

Please share your experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2019, 05:33 PM

12,790 posts, read 8,295,950 times
1. Yes, I have visited all other boroughs and do regularly.

2. Yes. I shop locally and in other boroughs.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:46 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
1. Yes, I have visited all other boroughs and do regularly.

2. Yes. I shop locally and in other boroughs.
When did you start exploring other boroughs? What was the motivation?

Are there any boroughs you avoid?

Old 11-10-2019, 06:22 PM

12,790 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
When did you start exploring other boroughs? What was the motivation?

Are there any boroughs you avoid?
I have lived all over NYC so no, I don't avoid any of them. No reason to. My family was scattered throughout the City growing up, so I can recall going to different boroughs even as a kid. Parents would take me to Manhattan on occasion when they had things to do there, which was always fun. I was fascinated by the food options and always realized that Manhattan was more expensive even then, but never understood why. lol

Without going into detail, the work that I do takes me all over (lots of public meetings among other things), so even if I had an issue with a particular borough, I couldn't avoid it. I have to go wherever the meetings are. The only place meetings don't take me is Staten Island, but I have lived there for years, so I'm familiar with it. Rispoli's Pastry Shop is fantastic if you are ever on the island.

I am in Kew Gardens often for work as well because of meetings at the Court House there.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:23 PM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
I think you’d be hard pressed to find a native NY’er who hasn’t ever been to all 5 Boros. Although until recently, I offer my wife as an example lol.

I mean, I rarely have reasons to leave Staten Island anymore (and weasel out as much as possible even when I do have reasons), but even so it’s pretty easy to end up randomly in another boro for all sorts of reasons.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-10-2019, 06:31 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
I pretty much was born and raised in the same borough for my entire life.

Only recently have I moved to another borough. I am having a hard time adjusting being outside of my comfort zone.

I have been to all of the boroughs but I travel into Manhattan for work (though I've worked outside of the city before as well as other boroughs) and used to go to SI semi-regularly. I also traveled to the Bronx for awhile quite regularly. I am almost never in Queens, which is kind of funny because it's right there, but it is what is it.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:55 PM

325 posts, read 199,339 times
I was born and raised in queens but I moved to manhattan as a teenager and I love manhattan I could live here the rest of my life . I go to Brooklyn now and then but i want to start going there more often I like brooklyn and lived there for like 3 years . Staten Island I only been once so I basically never been , it’s almost like another state most people don’t go to Staten Island unless they know somebody already there , it’s rare to find somebody that travels from queens Brooklyn or the Bronx to Staten Island and most manhattanites can find a similar job in the city , it’s more the reverse Staten islands come to manhattan for work often . Bronx I’ve been plenty of times because of friends from school or work living there but besides that there is really no reason to go there , the only attractions is yankee baseball stadium and the zoo and if u don’t want to go those places then that’s it , any restaurents that are there can be found in better quality outside of Bronx .

Old 11-10-2019, 08:16 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Born in Manhattan, raised in Dirty Jerz, matriculated in Pennsyltucky, and now live in Queens Flushing.

Old 11-10-2019, 08:37 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
I'm a Brooklynite. I'll travel to Queens and the Bronx for food, but do my best to avoid Manhattan. I dont really have reason to go to Staten Island.

Old 11-10-2019, 10:00 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Opinion:
Anywhere the Price is right.
One place to lay my head at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City