Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 06:52 PM

65 posts, read 43,507 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I‘m buying my first house by the border of Springfield gardens and Addisleih park. The house is located near the belt pkwy and easy to get to my job via the freeway. Would anyone know how quickly the demographics are changing? What is the overall crime around that area? And I am actually brown south Asian not sure if that helps lol. Is the area far better than Roosevelt LI and Wyandanch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 07:26 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,098 times
Cross streets? Addisleigh park and springfield garden do not border each other. Springfield garden and laurelton borders each other. I would look more into Laurelton and Addisleigh park. There is a huge influx of South asian in Addisleigh park in the past 5 years. Over 60% of houses sold were purchased by a SA family.

It is more diverse than Laurelton and springfield garden. The crime rate is going up in Springfield garden. Some areas have flooding issues. Also park on the block that u are buying for an hour to observe the neighbors and the block.

In addition, it is directly under JFK's flight path The constant noises from low flying planes landing gets old quickly.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:48 PM

565 posts, read 361,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halokillzone23 View Post
Hi guys, I‘m buying my first house by the border of Springfield gardens and Addisleih park. The house is located near the belt pkwy and easy to get to my job via the freeway. Would anyone know how quickly the demographics are changing? What is the overall crime around that area? And I am actually brown south Asian not sure if that helps lol. Is the area far better than Roosevelt LI and Wyandanch?
The good news: I'd say on par/maybe slightly better than Rossevelt and Wyandanch. But then again, they are the ghetto of Long Island so that's not saying much. But at least your not in Jamaica. Since you're SA, the changing demo could be viewed as a good thing I guess however for long time ethnic whites that used to live there it's a bad thing.

The bad news: You are buying a house in NYC which is in NY state. Sorry about that. You will lose. As NYC moves further and further away from the Guilianni era, you can expect crime to increase. Not drastically but instead slowly over time. Your house may keep its value however considering there seem to be endless Chinese pockets looking to buy. That's what's kept North East Queens above water. I'll be cashing out shortly.

My brother is married to a wonderful American/Paki. Great people. Great families. If enough SA's move into the area, you may end up not regretting your decision.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
The good news: I'd say on par/maybe slightly better than Rossevelt and Wyandanch. But then again, they are the ghetto of Long Island so that's not saying much. But at least your not in Jamaica. Since you're SA, the changing demo could be viewed as a good thing I guess however for long time ethnic whites that used to live there it's a bad thing.

The bad news: You are buying a house in NYC which is in NY state. Sorry about that. You will lose. As NYC moves further and further away from the Guilianni era, you can expect crime to increase. Not drastically but instead slowly over time. Your house may keep its value however considering there seem to be endless Chinese pockets looking to buy. That's what's kept North East Queens above water. I'll be cashing out shortly.

My brother is married to a wonderful American/Paki. Great people. Great families. If enough SA's move into the area, you may end up not regretting your decision.
Yes I understand that NYC living is really expensive, which I noticed the expenses increasing over the years since I been living in NYC since 1996. I am just tired of renting which the landlord always increasing rent every year, and I really want to own my own property already. This is my first home purchase without any guidance from anybody, so this is why I am here to get your help. I just don’t want to move to an place where everyday I hear gunshots, and violence. I cannot afford to live in great areas such as new Hyde park, flushing, and etc.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Cross streets? Addisleigh park and springfield garden do not border each other. Springfield garden and laurelton borders each other. I would look more into Laurelton and Addisleigh park. There is a huge influx of South asian in Addisleigh park in the past 5 years. Over 60% of houses sold were purchased by a SA family.

It is more diverse than Laurelton and springfield garden. The crime rate is going up in Springfield garden. Some areas have flooding issues. Also park on the block that u are buying for an hour to observe the neighbors and the block.

In addition, it is directly under JFK's flight path The constant noises from low flying planes landing gets old quickly.
The house is near Farmer Blvd north of Belt pkwy. I have no issues with planes since I currently live next to the elevated trains lol.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:37 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,816,280 times
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...2tdPQeMaWhMRRI

Pregnant woman shot in both hands while parked in her Queens driveway

beware of Savages there.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...2tdPQeMaWhMRRI

Pregnant woman shot in both hands while parked in her Queens driveway

beware of Savages there.
Yeah that is scary. :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City