Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 06:56 AM

25,450 posts, read 37,317,216 times

Advertisements

I heard the p[lastic bag ban may likewise have to be postponed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 07:23 AM

555 posts, read 622,398 times
good

Old 02-21-2020, 07:24 AM

30,775 posts, read 18,521,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Because I-495 on Long Island needs to connect to the rest of the Federal Interstate System without tolls and charges.

If NYS wants to pay all related fees and maintenance to the Interstate (which it will no longer be) when such a plan is implemented, then go right ahead.

Another reason why I THANK GOD that Donald John Trump is our president. Hopefully, this plan never gets approved, though we all know it will when the eventual Democrat takes the White House. By that time, hopefully, all of my family will have relocated out of NYC for good.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:38 AM

20,548 posts, read 17,859,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
We have been paying what can now technically be described as congestion pricing for years.
Just look at the Staten Island and Bridge into the Rockaways. Those two tolls should have never
been implemented as they all are inter-borough.
Wait til they implement tolls on both side of the bridge and then slowly jack them up. NYC govt is only good at robbing their taxpayers and people keep voting for the same party.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:36 AM

874 posts, read 460,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
I agree with Trump on many issues, but I have to disagree with
his opposition to congestion pricing policy. Why should the feds be involved in this local issue?

. . .Maybe because the â€locals:’

The mayor & the governor....

...and their council members )

......... have been throwing a monkey wrench into the fabric of our American way of life
here in nyawk…..(being a sanctuary city, this insane, stupid new bail reform that
coddles to violent criminals, and not giving a flying fluck about peeing homeless men
living in grand central station and using it as a toilet)...

.........maybe the “feds” see:

( OMG, they need help over there)

(. . . protecting & letting GO FREE undocumented, illegal “criminal’ people,
letting murderers, repeat offenders, i.e., rapists, chronic 2-bit-hoods, violent gang
members, mentally-deranged homeless people sprawled all over the place ------>

~~~~> ruining NYC’s quality of life.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:47 AM

15,924 posts, read 14,622,876 times
Hopefully Trump won't just hold congestion pricing hostage. I hope he out and out kills it.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:09 PM

8,754 posts, read 11,166,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yes because the LIE runs into the Queens Midtown Tunnel.

Anyway, the congestion toll was going to be a death knell for NYC. It is already very expensive to do business, live or work here. Adding another layer of expense on top of everything else would just make NYC even less competitive.

As usual, instead of fixing the problems that cause congestion, the progressive Democrats just think that taxing it will make the problem go away, which it does not.

The Feds are saving NYC from itself.
Great post. I agree 1000%

Old 02-22-2020, 07:24 PM

8,952 posts, read 4,835,386 times
https://www.politico.com/states/new-...488azIsxZOGGZQ

Cuomo questions viability of congestion pricing, throwing subway overhaul into doubt

Old 02-23-2020, 05:26 AM

30,775 posts, read 18,521,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
https://www.politico.com/states/new-...488azIsxZOGGZQ

Cuomo questions viability of congestion pricing, throwing subway overhaul into doubt
If politics are playing a role in the federal government's delay (and given that its only been since April and the federal government is notoriously slow, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion like Cuomo and de Blasio are), that wouldn't be acceptable. On the other hand, New York lets politics impact its interactions with the federal government, passing ridiculous legislation supporting illegal immigrants and disallowing the federal government access to DMV records for trusted traveler programs, among other things. You can't get political and try to "resist" the Trump administration and then get upset when the administration does some resisting back.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 17,859,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If politics are playing a role in the federal government's delay (and given that its only been since April and the federal government is notoriously slow, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion like Cuomo and de Blasio are), that wouldn't be acceptable. On the other hand, New York lets politics impact its interactions with the federal government, passing ridiculous legislation supporting illegal immigrants and disallowing the federal government access to DMV records for trusted traveler programs, among other things. You can't get political and try to "resist" the Trump administration and then get upset when the administration does some resisting back.
Well Cuomo is mainly involved with all the infrastructure programs in NY since he controls the Port Authority, MTA, and DeBlasio only has a say in NYC MTA.

The whole ploy of supporting illegals in big cities like NYC, LA, SF, etc is to insure work continuity. When Americans flee big cities who's gonna keep it running? That's why Sanctuary cities exist only in big cities where there's a need for illegals to work these cities in case the citizens all flee or demand higher wages.

Trump is uses ICE or DHS and go after illegals in a political way. He doesn't really take away lots of illegals, notice he only goes after the ethnic group that are at the bottom of the food chain. While tons of illegals here from China, India, Muslim countries that work for big companies are never ever checked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City