Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 08:12 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

It sounds pretty weird if you don't know who the Naked Cowboy is. LOL

Old 02-27-2020, 05:03 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,755,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
At the debate, Bloomberg correctly said: "I think what’s right for New York City isn’t necessarily right for all the other cities. Otherwise, you’d have a Naked Cowboy in every city.”

I thought it was apt, and true, but I figured that a lot of people across the country must have been asking, "What did he just say?

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...-twitter-trend
This is a dumb analogy because Naked Cowboy is a tourist attraction. It has no effect on every day New Yorkers. Heck, many NYers don't even know who he is, and never saw him before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 06:48 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,486,983 times
Either way, it was a cringe-worthy joke coming out of the mouth of a man with absolutely zero comedic ability.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:46 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Is Naked Cowboy still active? Haven't seen him in recent visits to NYC (or maybe it has just been too cold for his professional attire). I thought he was alright, poetically sporting his panties and his guitar :-). I support Naked Cowboy for NYC mayor! (didn't he actually run for president at some point, as I think a Tea Party candidate??) While I doubt the rest of the US knows what Bloomberg was talking about, I am sure a lot of people were intrigued enough to look it up.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:15 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Naked Cowboy born in Ohio, Lives in New Jersey, Pimps NYC tourists!!!!

Old 02-27-2020, 08:37 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Naked Cowboy born in Ohio, Lives in New Jersey, Pimps NYC tourists!!!!

So what? He found his artistic niche, and earned his money from whoever found him interesting enough to pay for the experience of his artistic expression :-). Supply and demand. New Yorker tradition of originality, no matter where you are born. Edison was born in Ohio too. F. Scott Fitzgerald was born in Minnesota when boondocks were really boondocks rather than having instant Internet connection with NYC, LA, London and Wuhan. Do you mean to say you are more of a New Yorker than F. Scott Fitzgerald? I doubt you are, since nobody is :-). Do you even know who F. Scott Fitzgerald was? Heck, do you even know what a New Yorker is? (despite being born in NYC - that doesn't really mean anything. I watched a documentary about LA ghettos, which states that many people living there do not venture three blocks from their street, due to concern from the opposing street gang. There are many teenagers that grew up in those ghettos who never saw the ocean while technically living in California!!! Are they "the only real Angelenos"? I don't think so - they are just miserable, in the exact way miserable people are miserable in NYC, Ohio, rural West Virginia, or Gambia. There is nothing culturally valuable or city-specific in that kind of misery).

Old 02-27-2020, 09:45 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
he said that comment to evade the real question, which could have went either way.
the man is a dictator, he was a republican, now he converted to be a democrat, he loved stop and frisk, and he is only running to have a power thing with trump.

Bloomberg has the personality of suction cup, he has no presence at all, and we do not want him for president.

he has nothing better to do with all his money than to buy advertisements and the like.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:49 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
So what? He found his artistic niche, and earned his money from whoever found him interesting enough to pay for the experience of his artistic expression :-). Supply and demand. New Yorker tradition of originality, no matter where you are born. Edison was born in Ohio too. F. Scott Fitzgerald was born in Minnesota when boondocks were really boondocks rather than having instant Internet connection with NYC, LA, London and Wuhan. Do you mean to say you are more of a New Yorker than F. Scott Fitzgerald? I doubt you are, since nobody is :-). Do you even know who F. Scott Fitzgerald was? Heck, do you even know what a New Yorker is? (despite being born in NYC - that doesn't really mean anything. I watched a documentary about LA ghettos, which states that many people living there do not venture three blocks from their street, due to concern from the opposing street gang. There are many teenagers that grew up in those ghettos who never saw the ocean while technically living in California!!! Are they "the only real Angelenos"? I don't think so - they are just miserable, in the exact way miserable people are miserable in NYC, Ohio, rural West Virginia, or Gambia. There is nothing culturally valuable or city-specific in that kind of misery).
what triggered you about a factual statement?? You went on a tangent about internal migration. Why?

Where in my factual statement was i against the Naked Cowboy moving??

Old 02-27-2020, 09:54 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post

You make a good point, elnrgby. I would also point out that one can live in Boise, Idaho, or Regina, Saskatchewan and be more aware, culturally, than a lot of people who live in New York City. Life ain't that simple.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:55 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
he said that comment to evade the real question, which could have went either way.
the man is a dictator, he was a republican, now he converted to be a democrat, he loved stop and frisk, and he is only running to have a power thing with trump.

Bloomberg has the personality of suction cup, he has no presence at all, and we do not want him for president.

he has nothing better to do with all his money than to buy advertisements and the like.

I've known suction cups who had great personalities. Not giving names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City