Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 03:39 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Is there anything the city council won't stick their nose in? If you're worried about your food don't use the service.

Why do people constantly need to Gov't to nanny them.
They don't, but sadly NYC and now state government is on a roll because liberal progressive democrats have taken over.

It's just one loony-tunes law after another, largely because people who give a eff just get fed up and move rather than vote these idiots out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 03:44 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,479,382 times
This is generally what I do.

And even if I want delivery, I don't use apps. I just call the restaurant. No middleman. I don't even have the apps on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
I just order pickup, never actual delivery. Curious how that will be affected.

Old 03-04-2020, 03:45 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Really is incredible that they are trying to legislate business administration now. If Grubhub is charging $25 for a burger you can can get for $5 by picking up the phone, then you're either stupid or have plenty of money and it's nobody's business to protect you from your own damn self
Solution:

Get up your lazy behinds and either make your own GD food or go get it yourself.

People have become soft; even mothers/wives don't bother to cook anymore, everyone sits on their behinds and orders take-out.

This all is a direct result of cheap illegals creating a situation. If places had to pay full minimum wage plus bennies to these delivery drivers, costs would rise and you would see people get off their lazy a$$es. That or you'd get a better quality delivery person.

Only others who deliver for Grubhub or whatever are people with a car who can't get a job otherwise. Either or it isn't exactly a business model that is going to attract best and brightest, so things are what they are.

Old 03-04-2020, 03:49 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,479,382 times
Actually no. What they're talking about here is the third party tech companies somehow taking over the business. Rampant food delivery has been a NYC tradition for decades now. The app issues are recent.

Like I said before, cut out the middleman, and just call the restaurant directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Solution:

Get up your lazy behinds and either make your own GD food or go get it yourself.

People have become soft; even mothers/wives don't bother to cook anymore, everyone sits on their behinds and orders take-out.

This all is a direct result of cheap illegals creating a situation. If places had to pay full minimum wage plus bennies to these delivery drivers, costs would rise and you would see people get off their lazy a$$es. That or you'd get a better quality delivery person.

Only others who deliver for Grubhub or whatever are people with a car who can't get a job otherwise. Either or it isn't exactly a business model that is going to attract best and brightest, so things are what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City