Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 07:48 AM

92 posts, read 117,923 times

Advertisements

Halal guys is garbage and if that's the only place you can think of when it comes to halal carts and chicken over rice, then i feel really sorry for you

Literally every single Local Halal Cart besides H.G tastes infinitely times better than those guys. There's no flavor from the chicken that Halal Guys gives you, the meat is dry.

Tried one time in my life 10 years ago when i was party'ing in the city after 2 am and i needed to get something in a hurry. Never gonna ever give them a second chance.

The only time I'll ever go to a Halal Guys is probably to buy their white sauce packets, cause we all know, the really good places skimp out on the white sauce and you're always left wanting more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 08:09 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Dang ....you folks don't know how to shop.........................

Old 07-10-2020, 09:14 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Chicken over rice is sure to give anyone here insulin resistance, diabetes and other metabolic disorders. They don't know how to eat is more like it! The chicken belongs with vegetables or salad! Get rid of the starch and the fructose- liver destroying laden sauce!

Then ya'll complaining about catching COVID .... smh...

Old 07-10-2020, 09:16 AM

263 posts, read 115,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I go into supermarkets these days and the prices are horrific. Especially produce has gone up
Fairway used to have reasonable produce prices but they're up now

Traders Joes has much lower prices on some things, then there are the local produce cart vendors and China town produce, Western Beef, Target has expanded it's food section. A couple of things at the 99 cent stores, some things decent brands

Anything else?

Trader Joe's is the cheapest for higher quality I have found here. We usually do most of our food buying with them and we know we are getting good quality food.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:00 AM

821 posts, read 775,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaUZE_BOSS View Post
Halal guys is garbage and if that's the only place you can think of when it comes to halal carts and chicken over rice, then i feel really sorry for you

Literally every single Local Halal Cart besides H.G tastes infinitely times better than those guys. There's no flavor from the chicken that Halal Guys gives you, the meat is dry.

Tried one time in my life 10 years ago when i was party'ing in the city after 2 am and i needed to get something in a hurry. Never gonna ever give them a second chance.

The only time I'll ever go to a Halal Guys is probably to buy their white sauce packets, cause we all know, the really good places skimp out on the white sauce and you're always left wanting more.
You tried it once. Maybe try it again. There’s a reason why they always have a long line and literally every other Halal cart rarely has one.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:49 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
Halal Guys is more expensive but their portions are huge. In the summer, they are the only ones I will go to since they constantly turn over their food. With other carts, the meat might be sitting out for who knows how long in the hot sun which can lead to a bad bathroom trip.
Is usually dredged in the sauce, covered and kept warm so meat should be ok. Can last like 3hrs like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaUZE_BOSS View Post

And to think, they have a B/M restaurant in trendy part of LA.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:38 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
I used to shop at the farmers market on 52nd between 8th and 9th and the one on 42nd and 8th ave. Are those still open ?

Old 07-10-2020, 08:01 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,935 times
Trader Joe's is easily the cheapest, especially for the quality. I think the grocery bill per month for me and my gf is $200 or less. Right down the street too.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:41 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I used to shop at the farmers market on 52nd between 8th and 9th and the one on 42nd and 8th ave. Are those still open ?
There was one around 42nd and 9th that I used to go to a long time ago. It was called Stiles Market. Google shows that they are now at 476 9th Ave, New York, NY 10018, which is a different location than when I used to go there.

Cheap produce, just like you get in outer boroughs.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/stiles-farm...ket-new-york-3

Old 07-10-2020, 08:59 PM

779 posts, read 1,004,035 times
Low prices and Manhattan don’t go in the same sentence.

Washington Heights is reasonably priced, but I don’t consider that the city. Its an extension of the Bronx, and serves up some of the best Dominican food Ive ever ate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: