Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 10:41 AM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad_the_inhaler View Post
I never used Bed Bath and Beyond. I usually get routine kitchen and bathroom stuff at Rainbow/Ace hardware on 1st and 76th or rarely Sur la table on 3rd for the hard to find cooking items. Sadly our go-to linens place closed (Laytner’s on 86th) recently but I think Rainbow can pick up the slack (we’re not terribly picky). There was also a nifty kitchen supply store across from Rainbow that closed but that was a couple years ago.
Rainbow/Ace! Yes!!!!

Sur La Table on Third long has closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 10:44 AM

416 posts, read 248,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I echo these sentiments. And all the people who go to the bricks and mortar stores to look at the merchandise and then buy it online, shame on you. That store in the neighborhood provided a service that you stole. Seeing and touching the merchandise. If you use the service, you should buy the product.
I bet that's only a small percentage of people. Brick-and-mortar retail stores are dying because online shopping is more convenient.

Old 09-19-2020, 01:04 PM

5,689 posts, read 2,618,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Lol ,love it when people say "I don't/didn't shop there often but was surprised to hear...."
Intentionally or not, every time you buy something online you are voting with your wallet. Elections have consequences.
Quote:
I echo these sentiments. And all the people who go to the bricks and mortar stores to look at the merchandise and then buy it online, shame on you. That store in the neighborhood provided a service that you stole. Seeing and touching the merchandise. If you use the service, you should buy the product.
I meant I don't shop at THAT location a lot. I shop at bed bath and beyond frequently, and I mentioned which location in my post. So please go blame someone else for brick and motors closing.

Old 09-19-2020, 01:44 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times
Quote:
Or Maybe B&M companies should be more mindful on how many stores they need in 1 borough. They have 6 in Manhattan alone. 2 in the UWS.

In regards to the below, this is where B&M stores need to become more creative as a consumer is now more savvy in regards to making the final purchase.

"If you use the service, you should buy the product"

Old 09-20-2020, 09:54 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,776,815 times
The one on 125st, Lincoln center and 6ave are the only 3 I go to. However the few times I did step inside the east side one it was ok. I feel bad for the workers.

Old 09-20-2020, 10:17 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,642,773 times
I don’t have any sympathy for chain stores that close
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: