Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 10:35 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,624,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Jezzzz. SO some rather be alive in a cage than take a chance at living in the wild. Got it.
Some of my friends just absolutely refuse to do anything but sit at home. I get it but I also don't. Those friendships at this point are waning too, but oh well. If they don't want to hangout until 2023 or whatever, doesn't feel like I'm missing out.

I also have one that only wants to hang out if we go to Westchester. I don't get it, because he'd have to drive from eastern Queens to pick me up in Manhattan, and then deal with all the hassles of going north from there just to sit at a lake. Meh.

I got a live-in girlfriend that loves me plus friends who never left the LES in the first place. Screw it, sticking local.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 10:47 AM

20,368 posts, read 19,987,997 times
Will Hizzonner allow Biden victory mass gatherings the same way he allowed BLM/antifa gatherings during the last so-called lockdown?

Old 11-11-2020, 10:56 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,066,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
It seems very inappropriate for you to be snide - with the unnecessary, biased slur of his name - when it's very clear that there is no perfect solution here.
It's not snide, it's how I feel. DeBozo is the definition of big government.

I live alone, and am maxed out on Netflix, books, HBO, amazon prime, YouTube and the PlayStation network!
It's just not normal for people to live in fear.

I ask everyone, why not just concentrate on your health? Go to the gym, stop consuming sugar. Let the choice belong to the people. If you want to stay the heck home, then you stay home. It's fine, don't worry about it.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:09 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,434,105 times
We would have been better off if this happened in the 1980s or 1990s

This Instagram generation is not mentally built to deal with this.

I need my restaurant open, I need my bar

My only sympathies lie with the children and elderly, they get a pass

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-11-2020, 11:11 AM

5,753 posts, read 2,652,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
We would have been better off if this happened in the 1980s or 1990s

This Instagram generation is not mentally built to deal with this.

I need my restaurant open, I need my bar

My only sympathies lie with the children and elderly, they get a pass
Hey I'm not the instagram generation and I don't want to live this way.
Not everyone wants to live the life style you choose.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:19 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
It's not snide, it's how I feel. DeBozo is the definition of big government.

I live alone, and am maxed out on Netflix, books, HBO, amazon prime, YouTube and the PlayStation network!
It's just not normal for people to live in fear.

I ask everyone, why not just concentrate on your health? Go to the gym, stop consuming sugar. Let the choice belong to the people. If you want to stay the heck home, then you stay home. It's fine, don't worry about it.

The increases of COVID-19 are mainly due to indoor gatherings without masks, friends, extended family, parties etc
Do you advocate continuing to do this if you stop consuming sugar?

Old 11-11-2020, 11:24 AM

1,399 posts, read 894,387 times
Java, what's your opinion on the state of the les? Longtime friend just moved from there stating the area has taken a massive nosedive.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:26 AM

5,753 posts, read 2,652,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
The increases of COVID-19 are mainly due to indoor gatherings without masks, friends, extended family, parties etc
Why not? What are you gonna do and let life pass you by?

How would you feel if you stop family gatherings like the mayor and governor says. So you don't get to see you father for 9 months now and one day he's out for a walk to the grocery store and gets hit by a bus and dies. You didn't see him for 9 months because of possibly getting a virus and now you will never get to see him again.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:35 AM

644 posts, read 308,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Will Hizzonner allow Biden victory mass gatherings the same way he allowed BLM/antifa gatherings during the last so-called lockdown?
Just google some photos, there have been a ton of mass gatherings over the weekend. They're fine. But also, OMG, we're heading into a second wave and it's the schools' fault, let's shut them down. (BTW the schools themselves are testing like mad and have a like 1% positivity rate, less than the neighborhoods around them).

Old 11-11-2020, 12:44 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,066,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
.. everyone will eventually get COVID. There aren't any nets that can catch this disease.

But if you are an overweight person or a diabetic, may I highly suggest you stop consuming:

1. Vegetable oils (these are made by processing GMO seeds, and have a half life of 625 days. The human body is not capable of dissolving these and automatically issues an inflammatory response

2. Sugar - your liver can only process 2 teaspoons at most and will store the rest as fat, giving one a gut - which is really inflammation, and reduces your bodies' ability to fight pathogens

3. Fructose - extremely damaging to the liver (see number 2)

4. Mixing sugar with proteins or sugar with fats (inflammation and insulin spikes giving a pre disposing a person to diabetes and extreme inflammation, not to mention dementia).

5. Consuming an excess amount of alcohol

By the way, when a person mixes sugars and fats, or sugars and proteins, or sugars plus proteins and fats, their body cannot digest what is called, "glycation." Glycation is basically your blood having turned into a caramel-like substance. It reads as high triglycerides, and/or high cholesterol at the doctors office, but that's all your doctor will tell you.

But when these glycation products reach the brain, they eventually turn into amyloids. Your body will issue an inflammatory response attacking brain cells, and well there you are with tau's in the brain which are literally holes in the brain, making people forget, lazy, have brain fog, but above all, having their bodies in a constant inflammatory state!

So if your body is in a constant inflammatory state, and sick, even though your doctor won't tell you cause they just don't know... how can it be capable of fighting covid? Do you realize why people who are mainly diabetics and overweight die of COVID?

And even people who appear to be healthy die of covid, because well, they think going to the gym is the answer to avoid weight gain, and it may be, but not the answer to the damaging affects of their diets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City